Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Serial bully banned from all schools.

Posted by   + Show Post

Quote:

‘Serial Bully’ Banned From All Schools After She Beats Up Classmate & Videotapes It (VIDEO)

by Kiri Blakeley 5 hours ago

A judge has decided that one 14-year-old girl in Jacksonville, Florida isnot fit for any of the schools in that county. Not because she's a genius. And not because she has disabilities. But because she's allegedly an inveterate bully. The eighth grader allegedly lured classmate Aria Jewett off school grounds and then attacked her while 30 students stood around watching. The fight was videotaped. Aria suffered a fractured skull. The attacker girl was arrested. Aria's parents asked for an injunction to keep the girl out of Aria's school but the judgment surprised even them. The judge declared that the girl was too much of a danger for her to be in any of the public schools in the entire county.

Said Florida Circuit Court Judge Henry Davis in his ruling:

This child is a threat to all of the children at any school. The injunction is a permanent injunction barring this child from returning to any public school in Duval County.

Seems like a common sense approach, but the school's superintendent actually disagrees. The superintendent, Nikolai Vitti, says:

I don't think we should use the bad decision that children make outside of school as an example or scapegoat to make a message.

He reportedly went on to say that education is a constitutional right, and that even a girl who smashes another girl's head and videotapes it deserves one. The unnamed girl already has a lawyer and the lawyer is trying to return her to county public schools.

This shows you just about everything that is wrong with schools (and parenting) these days. Students are living in fear of kids like this bullying girl, and yet what appears to be more important to the girl's parents and the school's superintendent is that she gets her education! Never mind that the education system had failed her so far. Perhaps it was teaching her math and science, but it certainly wasn't teaching her empathy or humanity. I think she needs a different school -- the school of Hard Knocks.

I don't mean like the hard knocks she gave Aria, that fractured her skull and could have killed her. I mean the school that says if you screw up, you pay for it. And if you screw up repeatedly -- as allegedly this girl had numerous videotaped beatings to her name -- then you pay royally. And that means maybe your parents -- who seem more concerned about hiring you a lawyer than teaching you how to behave -- have to move away or home school you. Sounds like instead of spending money on a lawyer, they could have bought their daughter a tutor and a lifetime supply of anger management classes. I wonder if Vitti would be fine sending a daughter of his into a classroom with this girl?

Do you think this girl should be allowed back in schools?

Image via CBS News

Link to the story is HERE.

Do you think she should be allowed back in to school?

Myself, no.

Nor do I agree with the statement that school failed to teach her empathy and humanity.  While schools, or some of the teachers and admin, can certainly teach a child along these lines by their own actions, it is not the school responsibility to 'teach' these things.  There is no class designated for this.  This should be taught, and shown, at home.

by on May. 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Replies (41-50):
krysstizzle
by DeepThought on May. 14, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I really hate human beings sometimes. 

Ziva65
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:54 AM

No- she shouldn't be allowed back in school.

If education is a right, then give them the tools to homeschool. Don't spend an extra dime though.

ETA: Considering the reaction of the superintendant, I'd be hiring lawyers to take the school district to court for whatever charges the lawyer could come up with- if I were the parent of hte girl with the skull fracture. I'd go after the bully's parents, and the school. Perhaps even personally if possible, just to make them think twice about allowing kids like that in school.

There are options to educate someone without putting them in a school environment.

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM
I see this so much. Girls always trying to be tough. They beat people up to be cool. I agree with the judge. She almost killed a girl and this isnt her first nor second incident. She can home school if school is that much of an issue. Make her an example. This bullying needs to stop.
hyper_bunny
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

She is going to end up killing someone! I don't think she should be in any public school. The girl needs help. 

Ziva65
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:06 AM

What happened to zero tolerance? I don't work with kids, but certainly haven't seen it. I heard one incident, at my sons high school last year. One girl punched another for whatever reason, and soon there was a crowd. The girls and about 20 others who were standing by, and taking videos were all expelled. Period. Zero tolerance. No problems since...

I agree about the homeschool. I would bet though, the parents "aren't able to do that"... for whatever reason.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

I see this so much. Girls always trying to be tough. They beat people up to be cool. I agree with the judge. She almost killed a girl and this isnt her first nor second incident. She can home school if school is that much of an issue. Make her an example. This bullying needs to stop.

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Exactly. They will probably have every excuse under the son. My sons last school was suppose to have zero tolerance. Never saw it. Just excuses. He has tourettes, tic disorder adhd and asperbergs so he acted different. Did "weird" things. Before we moved he announced to the class he was moving. The entire class started cheering. (He had no friends) he came home crying. I asked the teacher and she made excuses. I wasn't in the room at the time. Or I would of done something. Another time a kid recorded my son and bullied him mocked him made fun of him on school property then posted it on youtube and told all the kids. Again nothing was done. I left the entire school district.

Quoting Ziva65: What happened to zero tolerance? I don't work with kids, but certainly haven't seen it. I heard one incident, at my sons high school last year. One girl punched another for whatever reason, and soon there was a crowd. The girls and about 20 others who were standing by, and taking videos were all expelled. Period. Zero tolerance. No problems since...
I agree about the homeschool. I would bet though, the parents "aren't able to do that"... for whatever reason.

Quoting MrsImperfect:I see this so much. Girls always trying to be tough. They beat people up to be cool. I agree with the judge. She almost killed a girl and this isnt her first nor second incident. She can home school if school is that much of an issue. Make her an example. This bullying needs to stop.

opal10161973
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM

True, but there is always online schools.  She doesn't have to go to a brick and mortar, where she has shown that she is a danger to other students.

Quoting UpSheRises:

She has the right to and education...asshole or not.

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM

that girl should not be anywhere a school! SHE IS CRAZY! 

You know why the school wants her there? they are losing money and that is all they care about. school don't care about eduction they just want money

matheson7
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:10 AM

No. I don't think she should. I wonder if this is the only girl she has beaten up?

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 14, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Of course she should not be out of prison: dangerously deranged people belong encarcerated until they are proven to be no longer dangerously deranged.

What has school got to do with it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)