Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Commandos 4 Christ

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM
  • 65 Replies
We took the boys on a family evening walk to wear them out a bit for bedtime, letting them ride their bikes while we walked. On the way back we walked through the parking lot of the church down the street. As we passed the childrens building *we know based on the sign* I saw that the sign stated in nice large bold letters

"Childrens Ministry
COMMANDOS 4 CHRIST"

surprised

by on May. 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Linda on May. 14, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Bloody hellfire.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on May. 14, 2013 at 2:32 AM

o.O

whoa

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Perhaps the one who made the sign didn't have a dirty mind.  Not all people have their thoughts in the gutter. 

Innocence.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 4:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Perhaps the one who made the sign didn't have a dirty mind.  Not all people have their thoughts in the gutter. 

Innocence.

Not sure what you're talking about. To me the entire "COMMANDOS 4 CHRIST" just screams Army of God cultishness.

wirehangers
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Innocence.

Not sure what you're talking about. To me the entire "COMMANDOS 4 CHRIST" just screams Army of God cultishness.

Was she thinking you meant"going commando"?That's not what immediately came to my mind.Sounds like her mind is in the gutter.I've already told her once and I'll say it again,she has"too many poodles".

momma0ffive
by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this
how is an army of God cult like?

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Innocence.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 5:03 AM
6 moms liked this

com·man·do  (k-mnd)n. pl. com·man·dos or com·man·does

a. A small fighting force specially trained for making quick destructive raids against enemy-held areas.
b. A member of such a force.

Commando is a soldier or operative of an elite light infantry or special operations forces often specializing in amphibious landings, parachuting or abseiling. Originally "a commando" was a type of combat unit, as opposed to an individual in that unit. In other languages, commando and kommando denote a "command", including the sense of a military or an elite special operations unit.

In the militaries and governments of most countries, commandos are distinctive in that they specialize in assault on unconventional high-value targets.

com·man·do [kuh-man-doh, -mahn-] Show IPA
noun, plural com·man·dos, com·man·does.
a.
any of the specially trained Allied military units used for surprise, hit-and-run raids against Axis forces.
b.
a member of any of these units. Compare ranger (  def 3 ) .
any military unit organized for operations similar to those of the commandos of World War II.
a member of a military assault unit or team trained to operate quickly and aggressively in especially urgent, threatening situations, as against terrorists holding hostages.

Definition of COMMANDO
South African
a : a military unit or command of the Boers
b : a raiding expedition
a : a military unit trained and organized as shock troops especially for hit-and-run raids into enemy territory
b : a member of such a unit

There is NO innocent meaning to the word commando and that's not even including meanings that involve having your mind in the gutter.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 5:07 AM
1 mom liked this

You must not know, the Army Of God is a Christian terrorist group, it has also been classified as a cult.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Army_of_God

The Army of God is an "anti-abortion group characterized by paramilitary tactics and linked to incidences of murder, bombings, arson and kidnapping that date back to the early 1980s. The Army of God is responsible for distributing a manual that supplies detailed instructions for attacking abortion clinics, manufacturing bombs and cutting off the hands of abortion doctors.

"The group also glorifies those who kill workers at women's reproductive health clinics, like Paul J. Hill, a Presbyterian minister convicted of killing two abortion clinic workers in Florida in 1993, and James Kopp, who is charged with murdering a doctor in New York. The Army of God also claims affiliation with the notorious Eric Robert Rudolf, who [was] wanted in connection with the 1996 Olympic Park bombing and suspected of 2 other bombings in Atlanta." [1]

Quoting momma0ffive:

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Innocence.

momma0ffive
by on May. 14, 2013 at 5:12 AM
I see your point, although I don't think many people realize this. maybe bring it up to someone at the church, i'm sure this wasn't their intention

Quoting Arroree:

You must not know, the Army Of God is a Christian terrorist group, it has also been classified as a cult.

The Army of God is an "anti-abortion group characterized by
paramilitary tactics and linked to incidences of murder, bombings, arson
and kidnapping that date back to the early 1980s. The Army of God is
responsible for distributing a manual that supplies detailed
instructions for attacking abortion clinics, manufacturing bombs and
cutting off the hands of abortion doctors.

"The group also glorifies those who kill workers at women's reproductive health clinics, like Paul J. Hill, a Presbyterian minister convicted of killing two abortion clinic workers in Florida in 1993, and James Kopp, who is charged with murdering a doctor in New York. The Army of God also claims affiliation with the notorious Eric Robert Rudolf, who [was] wanted in connection with the 1996 Olympic Park bombing and suspected of 2 other bombings in Atlanta." [1]

Quoting momma0ffive:

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Innocence.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 5:15 AM

It may not have been their intention to link to the AOG but the meaning of the word Commando is an elite killer force meant to do quick deadly attacks, not sure how anyone can spin that to be anything innocent and sweet. I find it hard to believe that not a single person in that church knows the meaning of the word.

Quoting momma0ffive:

I see your point, although I don't think many people realize this. maybe bring it up to someone at the church, i'm sure this wasn't their intention

Quoting Arroree:

The Army of God is an "anti-abortion group characterized by
paramilitary tactics and linked to incidences of murder, bombings, arson
and kidnapping that date back to the early 1980s. The Army of God is
responsible for distributing a manual that supplies detailed
instructions for attacking abortion clinics, manufacturing bombs and
cutting off the hands of abortion doctors.

Quoting momma0ffive:

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Innocence.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured