Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where's the anti gun crowd after the NOLA shootings?

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 121 Replies
For the record, I have no stance on gun control, I view guns the same way I view abortion: don't like them, don't get one. I was surprised, though, that there was no cry for stricter gun control after the shooting in Nawlins. Why has it been so quiet? I've asked a few people IRL this question and have gotten interesting answers, so I thought I'd ask you ladies.
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Seems the militia is something we all get to live (if we're lucky) with- regulated or otherwise.

More guns are supposed to make us safer. Heck there are even people against taking the guns out of the hands of mentally ill folks,because we might just tread on someone's rights. 

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
But where's the outrage because of the shooting that occurred? Why isn't this shooting being used as an example for stricter gun control like the Colorado shooting or Sandy Hook?

Quoting Sisteract:

Seems the militia is something we all get to live (if we're lucky) with- regulated or otherwise.

More guns are supposed to make us safer. Heck there are even people against taking the guns out of the hands of mentally ill folks,because we might just tread on someone's rights. 

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on May. 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM

bump

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Bump!
IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Because it was a black man? Perhaps?

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM
This was actually one of the theories I heard. Because the guy was black and his guns were illegal anyway.

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Because it was a black man? Perhaps?

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on May. 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I wondered this same thing.  The news coverage was very minimal and there was no online outrage.  For the record, I am pro-gun but I was surprised to see my opponents not in an uproar.  Even as a pro-gun person, I find these mass shootings disgusting and abominable. 

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I've been rather surprised too. It's bothering me that I haven't the slightest clue why!!

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

I wondered this same thing.  The news coverage was very minimal and there was no online outrage.  For the record, I am pro-gun but I was surprised to see my opponents not in an uproar.  Even as a pro-gun person, I find these mass shootings disgusting and abominable. 

MrsHMS
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:12 AM
It was less than minimal. I only heard about it on my fb wall. Next day it was on cnn. I havent heared anything about it since.
ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM
12 people being shot is kind of a big deal though.

Quoting MrsHMS:

It was less than minimal. I only heard about it on my fb wall. Next day it was on cnn. I havent heared anything about it since.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured