Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where's the anti gun crowd after the NOLA shootings?

Posted by   + Show Post
For the record, I have no stance on gun control, I view guns the same way I view abortion: don't like them, don't get one. I was surprised, though, that there was no cry for stricter gun control after the shooting in Nawlins. Why has it been so quiet? I've asked a few people IRL this question and have gotten interesting answers, so I thought I'd ask you ladies.
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Because the stories are saturating us, I suppose.

Who was shot? Only minorities? Only adults? I don't know the details.

I think people are getting sick and tired. Sadly.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Quoting ashellbell:

This was actually one of the theories I heard. Because the guy was black and his guns were illegal anyway.

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Because it was a black man? Perhaps?

Well, now, I didn't think of that one but of course you did.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM
4 moms liked this
Because LEGAL gun owners are not involved.

Quoting ashellbell:

But where's the outrage because of the shooting that occurred? Why isn't this shooting being used as an example for stricter gun control like the Colorado shooting or Sandy Hook?

Quoting Sisteract:

Seems the militia is something we all get to live (if we're lucky) with- regulated or otherwise.

More guns are supposed to make us safer. Heck there are even people against taking the guns out of the hands of mentally ill folks,because we might just tread on someone's rights. 

lga1965
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I've been too busy to read about it.
But,since I am.for background checks and gun control, I'll just say that it shouldn't have happened and again....the NRA sucks big time.

Quoting ashellbell:

But where's the outrage because of the shooting that occurred? Why isn't this shooting being used as an example for stricter gun control like the Colorado shooting or Sandy Hook?

Quoting Sisteract:

Seems the militia is something we all get to live (if we're lucky) with- regulated or otherwise.

More guns are supposed to make us safer. Heck there are even people against taking the guns out of the hands of mentally ill folks,because we might just tread on someone's rights. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 14, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I didn't think of that at all.

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Quoting ashellbell:

This was actually one of the theories I heard. Because the guy was black and his guns were illegal anyway.

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Because it was a black man? Perhaps?

Well, now, I didn't think of that one but of course you did.

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm thinking that's it.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Because LEGAL gun owners are not involved.

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting Sisteract:

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this

There was a thread on CM about the situation-

I'll admit I did not open the thread. I am like the poster above said, "saturated."

It's a free -for- all in terms if guns in this country- The only people who really care anymore are those directly affected.

BoysManDog
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM
5 moms liked this

Well, the shooter was black.  No way he could be a right-wing, Sarah Palin-obsessed  Obama hater.  So, you know, whatevs.

Billiejeens
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Ding - ding - ding

Quoting BoysManDog:

Well, the shooter was black.  No way he could be a right-wing, Sarah Palin-obsessed  Obama hater.  So, you know, whatevs.

Billiejeens
by on May. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Personally I am not going to get all worked up over people shooting/killing in each other in large cities in Blue States.

Just not going to happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured