Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Where's the anti gun crowd after the NOLA shootings?

Posted by   + Show Post
For the record, I have no stance on gun control, I view guns the same way I view abortion: don't like them, don't get one. I was surprised, though, that there was no cry for stricter gun control after the shooting in Nawlins. Why has it been so quiet? I've asked a few people IRL this question and have gotten interesting answers, so I thought I'd ask you ladies.
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (31-40):
Radarma
by "OneDar" on May. 14, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Got it, jinx.

Just quoted you.

Yeah, see the diff I guess. Still super tragic. Sometimes living with the trauma of what happened around you is worse than dying with it.

Quoting SuperChicken:

Nobody died?  A bunch of little children were not murdered?  That's a big difference, imo.    I for one am relieved to to be mourning even more children.

Quoting Radarma:

I am glad you posted this, as I wonder the same...not to mention national concern/reaction. How is this different than Sandy Hook?

:(

SuperChicken
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely tragic, but at the same time I am so weary of tragedy that I breathed a big sigh of relief when I heard no deaths.    Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel.   

I saw the other quote - must have been typing at the same time

Quoting Radarma:

Got it, jinx.

Just quoted you.

Yeah, see the diff I guess. Still super tragic. Sometimes living with the trauma of what happened around you is worse than dying with it.

Quoting SuperChicken:

Nobody died?  A bunch of little children were not murdered?  That's a big difference, imo.    I for one am relieved to to be mourning even more children.

Quoting Radarma:

I am glad you posted this, as I wonder the same...not to mention national concern/reaction. How is this different than Sandy Hook?

:(

motherslove82
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I was wondering this too. I barely heard about it. Maybe because no one died, or maybe (fingers crossed) they got tired of exploiting victims for their own political gain? We can always hope.
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Where (most) of the victims black?

Just wondering.

Seems to me, when tragic events happen to (mostly) minorities on this country, the stories seem to die out very quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
finnbar
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
12 people were shot? I have heard nothing about this incident.
Did any of the victims die?
If a story does not further the gun control agenda you better believe it gets buried.

Quoting ashellbell:

12 people being shot is kind of a big deal though.

Quoting MrsHMS:

It was less than minimal. I only heard about it on my fb wall. Next day it was on cnn. I havent heared anything about it since.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Good question.

I posted about what happened when I saw it come across the top of Yahoo as I was going to my email.  Not much reaction.

I am glad that no one was killed.  Maybe that has something to do with the lack of concern or coverage?  I don't know.

I watched the video and it was terrifying.  Just because the shooter wasn't connected to 'terrorizem' some how, or some kid shooting at a school, doesn't take away from the terror those in that crowd had to feel.

So much for the good guys with guns protecting every one else.

lga1965
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Sure , because you don't think people in blue states are important to.you or worth caring about,right ?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Personally I am not going to get all worked up over people shooting/killing in each other in large cities in Blue States.

Just not going to happen.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM
4 moms liked this
Please do not feed the attention seeker.

Quoting lga1965:

Sure , because you don't think people in blue states are important to.you or worth caring about,right ?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Personally I am not going to get all worked up over people shooting/killing in each other in large cities in Blue States.

lga1965
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Ooooops. I forgot......I'll try to be good.
;-)

Quoting Sisteract:

Please do not feed the attention seeker.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tag3.0
by on May. 14, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Dead white people vs Dead blacks= one is population control (black) while the other is a safety concer(white)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)