Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mobile Photo

by on May. 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Replies (551-556):
flcowgrl23
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM
He never would have been elected.
candlegal
by Judy on May. 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Might as well bring this one back instead of dealing with a new one.

candlegal
by Judy on May. 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Never in a million years

Quoting flcowgrl23:

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Quoting flcowgrl23:

Depends on the opposition

The last 2 election cycles have had the worst candidates to choose from-

Bad and worse.

GOP needs to do something about that-

DSamuels
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:39 AM
But unless the reps take the senate, he won't be removed from office. He'll, even then I don't think it's possible.

Quoting Carpy:

Clinton lied under oath for something most would probably lie about. It was a far cry from what we are seeing right now. There could be a political price to pay to continue support for him now. Of course we aren't seeing it from the Obama drones on CM, but we are seeing some tables turning in the real world.

Quoting kailu1835:

Yes, but Clinton was hardly the dems God either, and they weren't willing to remove him from office.

Quoting Carpy:

I honestly would not bet the farm, on that.  This is a bit beyond what Clinton did.

Quoting kailu1835:

You just repeated what I said.  I said that they didn't have a chance of removing Clinton from office, as they wouldn't if it came down to it with Obama.

:)

Quoting DSamuels:

Because Clinton knew that they didn't have a 2/3 majority that would vote against him. There was no reason to resign.

As to the dems voting to impeach Obama if it came to that? I think you're giving them way too much credit. I doubt few, if any, would vote to impeach him.

Quoting kailu1835:

Clinton didn't....

Quoting MelanieJK:

Nixon resigned when it became clear that republicans would vote to impeach him.     I would assume that the democrats would have the moral/etical fortitude to do the same if it came to that. 

Quoting kailu1835:

Are you denying these things to be funny?  Everyone knows that these guys were impeached, but not removed from office, as it requires a 2/3rds vote.  With Clinton, all but 5 republicans voted to remove him from office, but no democrats.  They didn't stand a chance.  Just as they likely would not stand a chance if Obama were to be impeached and then Congress voted to remove him from office.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diane1223
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 1:43 AM
He is scary looking, regardless...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)