Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Pay it Forward (off topic-true story)

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM
  • 13 Replies
4 moms liked this

Was at Target today. Made an impulse buy at the register and picked up the Dan Brown book. So, I was getting irritated because instead of ringing it up, the clerk began to read the stupid book. So, I paid for everything and began to walk out. Par for the course, I always check my receipt. Noticed that she didn't ring up the book. I chuckled to myself thinking that's what she gets for reading the book instead of ringing it up (clearly I was still tired and irritated). But, one step before I left the store, my conscience got the better of me and I went back, informed her I still needed to pay for the book and paid for it.

Jump forward to Tim: While I was at Target, Tim was getting dinner. I told him to surprise us. So, he went to Hop Jacks. He ordered all our food and was waiting there in the lobby. When the staff brought his food out, they told him someone in the restaurant paid for our dinner......paid for EVERYTHING.

What comes around goes around. What goes around, comes around. Time to pay it forward.

Today, my friends, is a good day!!!!!
by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Just curious.....who wouldn't have paid for the book.....LOL

bearsbabies
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Those are the moments that life is all about
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats great!  Not as extravagant but my aunt dropped her money while shopping at Target and was stuck at the register unable to pay, and the person behind her paid for her.  It was less than $10 but still.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 15, 2013 at 2:25 AM

I wouldn't have selected that book :D

Quoting GotSomeKids:

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Quoting LindaClement:

I wouldn't have selected that book :D

Quoting GotSomeKids:

To each their own....LOL If you had a book of your choosing, would you have gone back?
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on May. 15, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Which Dan Brown book?
I call that good Karma!
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Inferno? I can't wait to read that one.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I love it! It's awesome watching karma at work- both good and bad. Glad it was good for you!!!!!!

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Inferno

Yes.  I bought it for my husband, but if he doesn't hurry up and read, I might have to steal it from him.  I'm not a fan of all his books, but he has several that are very good.  All depends on what you like.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Which Dan Brown book?
I call that good Karma!

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I love these stories.  I have had my coffee paid for by the person in front of me so I then buy the next car's coffee.  I have also been blessed by strangers paying for mine and my kids dinner at a restaurant many times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)