Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this creep you out?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM
  • 18 Replies

So I was chat-chitting with my dad the other night about wierd shit we've seen. And he tells me this crazy story of something he saw five years ago and I would like to share it with ya'll. I'm trying to think of a logical explanation, and I'm not having any luck on google. So here's the story:

We live in a heavily forested area in northwest washington. (not a bigfoot story). My dad is a hunter and he went out to one of his regular hunting spots on his quad. He was on a hillside, and he was looking at a hillside in front of him, probably about a quarter mile away. It was a sunny day and he saw a flash of metal on the adjacent hill. When he looked more closely it appeared to be human-like figure, but metal. It glistened like metal when the sun hit it. he said he noticed it because it was peeking out at him from behind a tree. he saw the shape of a head and shoulders but could not see arms or legs. the thing looked out from behind a tree, stared at him a while, and went back behind a tree. it did this 3 or 4 times, he didnt see it for a while, then he saw it looking out from another tree ten feet or so the right of it. this happened all over the course of about 45 minutes, after which he got freaked out and left. he said it gave him a very uneasy feeling and has no idea what it was. he's hunted that spot many times and knows the terrain. he said he's tried to get to that hillside once but the terrain is so rough it took him over an hour to get only about a 3rd of the distance the object in question was at. he had not seen this before or since.

for the record, my dads not a nutjob, he didnt make any claims of what it is. he just told me about it and how weird and creepy he thought it was. hes not the lying sort so i definitely believe him, but im also sure theres gotta be a logical explanation. any ideas at what it might be?

by on May. 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RachelsMercy
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:01 AM

BUMP!

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

The Terminator

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:07 AM
3 moms liked this

ilana_ny
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:09 AM
:-) this made me LoL
I do believe there are a lot of "things" out there we know nothing about.

Quoting tnmomofive:

The Terminator

Goodwoman614
by Satan on May. 15, 2013 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh FFS...pot farm.
The NW? Really rugged, remote?
Dude he saw might have had on rain or other protective gear, in order to withstand watch in such conditions.

Good thing for your dad he gave up on trying to investigate it further.
coronado25
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Sounds like a heat suit on someone guarding a marijuana field.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Linda on May. 15, 2013 at 2:28 AM

I'd expect it to be a nutjob in a tinfoil hat, frankly.

Or, a piece of equipment someone was using that happened to be shaped in a way any helpful human brain would interpret as 'human shaped' for all the normal optical illusion reasons...

stormcris
by Christy on May. 15, 2013 at 2:48 AM

It could have been part of a movie filming in the area.

rfhsure
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 8:35 PM

it sounds like it, but the areas too remote to get to by foot or vehicle

Quoting LindaClement:

I'd expect it to be a nutjob in a tinfoil hat, frankly.

Or, a piece of equipment someone was using that happened to be shaped in a way any helpful human brain would interpret as 'human shaped' for all the normal optical illusion reasons...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured