Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think Jodi Arias should get the death penalty?

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 15 Replies

Well they found her guilty.  Do you think she should get life in prison or death by lethal injection. And why?

by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Life in prison

no possible parole

Karlee1192012
by New Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:08 PM

So she can sit and think about what she did every day for the rest of her life? 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Life in prison

no possible parole

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I am not thrilled with the death penalty, can't say that I am all the way against it...As all child predators should be killed

and certain brutal crimes also deserve it as there is no fixing what is wrong with some people...like serial killers and such

Quoting Karlee1192012:

So she can sit and think about what she did every day for the rest of her life? 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Life in prison

no possible parole

robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM

she should get life in prison since what she wants is death and didn't she say that would be freedom for her? I think she should get what she doesn't want and that is life. She shouldn't get the easy way out and have to live the rest of her life in prison and deal with knowing what she did every day of her life.

celestegood
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I think her saying she wants death is her using reverse psychology.
During an interview she gave, she talks about how long lived her family tends to be. IMO, she thinks she's psyched the jury and judge into giving her life in prison, and she thinks she'll live a long time as a free woman once she gets out in thirty or forty years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 15, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Life in prison. I'm against the death penalty.
Lizardannie1966
by on May. 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I feel she should receive the death penalty and because as mentally insane as she is, she planned his murder from start to finish.

She didn't just shoot him. She stabbed him, too, over twenty times. Then damn near decapitated him.

All due to jealousy and not accepting that he played her.

For this and IMO, she deserves to die.

nikkichris612
by New Member on May. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I completely agree.  I don't always jump to say someone should get the death penalty, but what she did was malicious, pre-planned and a horrific death.  Stabbed him 29 times, then slit his throat ear to ear and THEN shot him? C'mon. I don't even consider her human.  Eye for an eye.  Even though a lethal injection seems a bit to peaceful for this animal. 

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Yes, I feel she should receive the death penalty and because as mentally insane as she is, she planned his murder from start to finish.

She didn't just shoot him. She stabbed him, too, over twenty times. Then damn near decapitated him.

All due to jealousy and not accepting that he played her.

For this and IMO, she deserves to die.

MelanieJK
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I don't like the death penalty for several reasons,   one is that it's impossible to make sure that it's applied  objectively.     She did the crime,   she qualifies for the death penalty by law,   so she needs to pay the consequences.   

The argument that she'll suffer more in prison isn't fair.     We don't apply that standard to some poor ugly person who didn't catch the public eye.     

It's also illogical.    Give her the death penalty and see if she tells her attorneys to stand down on the appeals.    If she's really suffering more in prison she will.     Bet she won't.     The good thing about the death penalty is that they suffer both sitting in solidary confinement for years and being executed.

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I think she should get life in prison. I think we need to get rid of the death penalty all together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN