Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sarah, of the bible, has had no luck concieving with her half-brother/husband. She lays with a king and has a baby later that year....

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 435 Replies
4 moms liked this
Reading the bible eventually made an atheist out of me. Nothing in the bible seemed to reflect what was taught to me in church. Anyone else feel the same?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pansyprincess
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't pinpoint anything specific that just made me an atheist.  I think I just always was like "This is ridiculous".  Even as a kid, you were expected to suspend SO MUCH disbelief.  In the Catholic Church, they were teaching that the wafer and wine was TRULY changed to blood and body of Christ.  REALLY??  And that the snake spoke, and everyone came from Adam and Eve, which is just gross.  So much silliness that as I got older I was just like "Who really believes any of this nonsense".  Well, lots of people do.  But not me.

jnich4
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I completely agree. I keep trying and exploring religion but damn....

prommy
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM
23 moms liked this

I wish you Christian bashers would find another damned hobby.

pansyprincess
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:18 PM
17 moms liked this

You probably shouldn't have opened this thread then.  If I am going to speak to someone about how I became an atheist, you are probably going to be offended by it.  Get over yourself.  Or just don't read the thread.  It's impossible for an atheist to say what made them stop believing without some believer getting their panties in a twist. 

Quoting prommy:

coronado25
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM
5 moms liked this
You are not to call me a Christian basher. I am stating that the bible does not reflect what I was taught at church...or at home, for that matter by my CHristian parents. If you feel threatened by the subject matter of this post and have nothing but accusatory drivel that adds nothing to discussion then why bother to post?

Quoting prommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM
11 moms liked this

I wish you Christians would grow a thicker skin. Surly your faith is strong enough to stand a bit of criticism. 

Quoting prommy:

prommy
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting coronado25:

You are not to call me a Christian basher. I am stating that the bible does not reflect what I was taught at church...or at home, for that matter by my CHristian parents. If you feel threatened by the subject matter of this post and have nothing but accusatory drivel that adds nothing to discussion then why bother to post?

Quoting prommy:

Maybe you should try to be more honest. God sent an angel who asked Mary if she would accept this gift. She wasn't sexually assaulted, she freely chose to carry God's son in her womb. Joseph loved Mary and when the angel visited him he too accepted this great gift. Your "title" makes this truly beautiful event sound sordid. If that's all you got from this incredible birth then good riddance.

coronado25
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
"Christian basher"! Puleez. Nearly all of my extended family and alot of my immediate family identify as Christian and I love them. Just because I dont love their beliefs in the existence of supernatural beings does not mean I dont love them. And talking about my disbelief within a community of strangers who have the option of not participating in the disscussion is in no way "bashing" ANY person at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:31 PM
8 moms liked this

She doesn't believe that. I don't either. What you think is a "gift" and a great story is to me a myth. It's a myth based on many other myths of a similar story line. Not uncommon at that place and time. 

If you can't handle someone criticizing your miracle I wonder how strong your faith is in that miracle. 

Quoting prommy:
Quoting coronado25:
Quoting prommy:

I wis you Christian bashers would find another damned hobby.

Maybe you should try to be more honest. God sent an angel who asked Mary if she would accept this gift. She wasn't sexually assaulted, she freely chose to carry God's son in her womb. Joseph loved Mary and when the angel visited him he too accepted this great gift. Your "title" makes this truly beautiful event sound sordid. If that's all you got from this incredible birth then good riddance.

prommy
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mehamil1:

I wish you Christians would grow a thicker skin. Surly your faith is strong enough to stand a bit of criticism. 

Quoting prommy:

In my book lies and distortions do not equal criticism.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured