Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Guy Gives Abercrombie & Fitch A Brand Readjustment By Giving Their Clothes To The Homeless

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/14/abercrombie-and-fitch-homeless-brand-readjustment_n_3272498.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Guy Gives Abercrombie & Fitch A Brand Readjustment By Giving Their Clothes To The Homeless (VIDEO)

Posted:   |  Updated: 05/15/2013 10:18 am EDT

In response to Abercrombie & Fitch CEO Mike Jeffries not wanting "not so cool" kids or women who wear size large to wear his company's clothes, Greg Karber has come up with a funny and creative way to readjust the Abercrombie & Fitch brand.

He's giving their clothes to the homeless.

After scouring his local thrift shop's "douchebag section," Karber heads to LA's Skid Row to dole out the clothes among the homeless population. Watch the stunt and find out how you can be involved in one man's troll-job on a company with some pretty unflattering business practices in the video above. *video can be seen at link*

by on May. 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2013 at 7:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh, good for him.

I love this sort of redress of grievances.  I might just join him next time I get to Goodwill.

stormcris
by Christy on May. 15, 2013 at 7:45 PM

LOL awesome

LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 7:47 PM

LOL! Awesome. Everyone has the freedom to shop where and what they want but I sincerely hope this guy gets fired soon. His business plan isn't exactly smart.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Sweet :D

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on May. 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
What a great idea! I initially thought this would drive up sales for A&F, but if everything is coming from a thrift shop then rock on, Karber dude.
tina08mommy
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Awsome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I love it!  It is a winning idea on 2 fronts!

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on May. 15, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Ha! That is great.

Kmary
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM

My inintial reaction was, "Wow creative.  Good idea."   But the other thought that did enter my mind was that the destitute are being used in a social experiment without their knowledge.  Seems slightly exploitive of the homeless.  I know, I know they need clothes, so who cares?    Shrug.  Guess I'm torn. 

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM

:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN