Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What do You Think About Door to Door Religious Solicitation?

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 108 Replies

What are your thoughts/feeling on this? I won't say the name of the group, but a young couple just knocked on my door with a pamphlet highlighting an upcoming event. I was very polite and declined but what are your thoughts?

by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Frosting
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I absolutely despise it.  I'm a Christian too, but I've got that part of my life under control and don't need strangers knocking on my door trying to change my mind.  Drives me nuts.  I find it really rude.

IhartU
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM
5 moms liked this

It irkes the shit out of me.  Why can't they just let the curious people come to THEM instead of annoying the hell out of the people who don't want to hear it?

SuperChicken
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I think it's rude.  

mrs.hartman12
by on May. 17, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its rude. Leave me alone, I know where church is if I want to go, there is one on every block!

Talee
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM

It honestly doesnt bother me. 

lokilover
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Annoying.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM
3 moms liked this

It honestly does not bother me. I've never had anyone come to the door and be disrespectful, usually as soon as I say I'm Jewish they don't really want to talk any longer anyway. 

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on May. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM

It does not bother me too much.  I think if they feel they HAVE to solicit, they could just leave something on the door. 

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM
While I can't say I'm a fan, I'm never rude. I quite like the JWs that come by my house. They are well aware of what I am. They've never been rude, share what they have to share, and go. But like an aquaintance, they ask about my boys and how I am and stuff. Very nice ladies. I've only ever had Mormons come by once. They were fairly young boys-didn't look much older than 17-18. They stood far back from my door and were quite relieved, I think when I said no thank you when they asked if they could pray with me. They couldn't walk away fast enough. LOL
jehosoba84
by Jenn on May. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM
6 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)