Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

David killed Goliath for riches, glory and the hand of a princess. He paid for a 2nd bride later with the foreskins of his enemies. ICKY!

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 71 Replies
2 moms liked this
This is not how churches couch it. But it is written in the bible. YES. I love this topic...so sue me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 18, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jllcali
by on May. 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM
3 moms liked this
As christians have said in the whining about bibles thread, no one is FORCED to read this.
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM
3 moms liked this
That's wierd and gross.
coronado25
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM
And how is it thaT christianity touts proudly that CHrist is of the House of David? I realize that was Old testament Messianic prophecy an hence important that the Messiah be of the House of David...but really. What a sick person to want your messiah to be descended from. I would say no thank you...We will have a Messiah from some other house, than you very much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
3 moms liked this

OK, so I, like you, don't believe in the Bible. I get debating it in some circumstances. Otherwise, it doesn't apply to me in the least, so I don't harp on it. I don't continue to bring up. What good does it do? Are you trying to talk someone out of their beliefs? 

Sure...I've been known to speak against it and argue and debate it, but...IDK. I just don't get why the need to continue to bring it up. 

tscritch
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm grossed out by the paying in foreskins...but what bothers me even more is who and why they excepted that as payment!!!!! EWWWWWW!!

jllcali
by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM
When I learned about that in school (a private one) I decided I would never circumcise my boy if I had one. Now I am older and I still feel the same way after reading research on it.

Quoting tscritch:

I'm grossed out by the paying in foreskins...but what bothers me even more is who and why they excepted that as payment!!!!! EWWWWWW!!

coronado25
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I don't debate. I just like to read the bible like a book and this has been a great place for discussion. I dont understand how your past of arguing or debating on ANY topic is relevant to this thread. Anyhow, thanks for your sharing.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

OK, so I, like you, don't believe in the Bible. I get debating it in some circumstances. Otherwise, it doesn't apply to me in the least, so I don't harp on it. I don't continue to bring up. What good does it do? Are you trying to talk someone out of their beliefs? 

Sure...I've been known to speak against it and argue and debate it, but...IDK. I just don't get why the need to continue to bring it up. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting tscritch:

You understand this is talking about the slain enemies of war?  The number killed determined who was the victory.   

coronado25
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and the king only REQUESTED 100 foreskins for the hand of his other daughter, but David, the hotshot, presented him with 200. I have always been curious as to whether the foreskins were from men he slain or men he converted to his faith...we only know that they were from men who were considered enemies. And what is then done with the foreskins? Was something made out of it? Was it a delicacy? Or were they buried or burned or taken to a dump site?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtimesx4
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:27 PM
9 moms liked this

So that is where the phrase, "Keep it, it's a tip" first came into common usage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN