Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mother charged with beating up daughter's 11-year-old bully inside school

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM
  • 86 Replies

A Philadelphia mother has been arrested inside her daughter's school after police say she attacked an 11-year-old girl for bullying her child.

Atiffa Brown, 26, has been hit with a slew of charges, including making terroristic threats, simple assault, reckless endangerment and defiant trespass, stemming from an alleged confrontation with a child inside A.B. Anderson Elementary School in Cobbs Creek Friday.

Police said the entire incident was caught on video showing Brown assaulting the young girl.

It all started at around 10am Friday when investigators say the 26-year-old mother marched into the school auditorium with her daughter in tow and faced off against her classmate, who was allegedly tormenting the girl, NBC 10 Philadelphia reported.

'The tape showed this lady over my daughter for minutes, poking her in the face, pulling her hair and beating her,' said Bobby Webster, mother of the 11-year-old victim, who insisted that her daughter is not a bully

News link

by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommysangelface
by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM

good

she should be charged!

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't even know what to say. At a loss. ;-( for both parties. 

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:21 PM
4 moms liked this

Why can't adults act like adults any more?  What sane, rational person thinks that is ok??

mjande4
by on May. 18, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Oh my.  Do the math.  The "mother" , and I use this term loosely, was 15 when she had said child.  It's no wonder she is still acting like an immature brat.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I know the area.. It's a rough area and I'm not surprised.
4puddintaters
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM
7 moms liked this
The school should have been handling the issue way before it got to this point. The mom was def wrong, but I know in many instances schools will turn a blind eye while some brat bully gets to ruin another child's life.
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on May. 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM
The yahoo article says the girl was 9 and the bully was 11... So the mom was 17 or 18. Just saying.

Quoting mjande4:

Oh my.  Do the math.  The "mother" , and I use this term loosely, was 15 when she had said child.  It's no wonder she is still acting like an immature brat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on May. 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM
4 moms liked this
So I'm not gonna lie... I'm torn. If someone was bullying my child and the school didn't do anything about it I can see myself getting angry enough to confront the kid but I wouldn't touch them... If my kid got attacked by an adult I'd be pissed...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Eh , when you be the bully ....... Yes the mom should NOT of done that but ...... 

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this

What does age have to do with this? I've seen women in their 40s go at each other, tearing hair out when someone goes after their kids. It's a reaction many people have. I'm not saying it's right but I don't think this has anything to do with age. Some people are just hot headed and have little to no self control. 

Quoting mjande4:

Oh my.  Do the math.  The "mother" , and I use this term loosely, was 15 when she had said child.  It's no wonder she is still acting like an immature brat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN