Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Terrence Howard and Wife Finalize Nasty Divorce

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:50 AM
  • 30 Replies

First comes love, then comes marriage, then come the allegations of abuse, racism, and, eventually, your divorce — at least if you’re Terrence Howard.

The Red Tails star and his former love, Michelle Ghent, are legally done, following a contentious divorce.

TMZ reports that Terrence and Michelle have split up their property, with the actor retaining the couple’s two Pennsylvania homes and 25 bank accounts. Michelle, who was granted $5,800 in monthly spousal support — chump change for a movie star like Terrence — was allowed to keep her BMW motorcycle, but was forced to return a 2011 Range Rover belonging to her ex.

The former couple got married in January, 2010, splitting just 13 months later, after Michelle alleged that Terrence had repeatedly abused her, beginning just a week after they tied the knot. Terrence denied these claims, but countered with allegations that Michelle threatened him throughout their marriage, stole from him, and routinely hurled racial slurs at him.

His divorce may have come neither cheaply nor easily, but nobody ever claimed these things were easier for the rich and famous.

Source: TMZ 

If this is true then should not criminal charges be filed against him? I am in no way saying she is lying but often in celebrity marriages these sort of things do not get addressed. What do you think? Should an example be made?

by on May. 19, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.m.r.
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I think that allegations like these should always be taken seriously, regardless of the persons status in society. It's hard to know what to believe these days since celebrities get away with murder basically. I think they all should be treated like anyone else when it comes to this stuff, but sadly that won't happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on May. 19, 2013 at 4:11 AM
2 moms liked this

who the hell is Terrence Howard?

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on May. 19, 2013 at 7:31 AM

25 bank accounts? 

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:05 AM

He has a poor track record in the marriage department. Did she ever report it? Sorry but i tend not to believe this stuff when that much money is involved and the marriage that short.

stormcris
by Christy on May. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM

An actor who starred in the movie Red Tails and many others

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005024/

Quoting turtle68:

who the hell is Terrence Howard?

stormcris
by Christy on May. 19, 2013 at 9:08 AM

He has been an actor since 1969. I imagine he has a lot of holdings and various ventures.

Quoting -Celestial-:

25 bank accounts? 

stormcris
by Christy on May. 19, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I am not sure if she reported it but it was my understanding that you had to have some sort of proof. I could be wrong though.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

He has a poor track record in the marriage department. Did she ever report it? Sorry but i tend not to believe this stuff when that much money is involved and the marriage that short.

Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac.
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
That's what I said.

Quoting -Celestial-:

25 bank accounts? 

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on May. 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Quoting stormcris:

He has been an actor since 1969. I imagine he has a lot of holdings and various ventures.

Quoting -Celestial-:

25 bank accounts? 

LOl. He was born in 69 :)

stormcris
by Christy on May. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

He was credited with being on Sesame St that year.

Quoting -Celestial-:

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting -Celestial-:

25 bank accounts? 

LOl. He was born in 69 :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN