Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you believe in psychic precognition?

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 119 Replies

Do you think that auras and visions can be seen? 

Would you want a reading done?

Do you think its ok to try and see the future?

If someone offered a precognitive view of sopmething would you listen to it or disregard it?

If you believe it  do you believe it is absolute?

Hubby watched Minority Report last night and this week a good friend offered a reading of my DD so I am thinking about what I think lol.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlighthippie
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes. I have had precognitions, especially as a child. I dream things before they happen sometimes, but it is not something I have control over. I cannot do it at will and I would never charge someone money claiming to tell their future. I am a pretty decent tarot reader too, but would also never charge someone. I only read for free.
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I believe in precognition. I've had precognitive dreams. Yes to auras ans visions. I would get a reading if given the opportunity, but probably would not actively seek one out unless there were a specific reason.

I do not think it's absolute, but I can only control my choices, not those of others.
soonergirl980
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM

No I think it's basically b.s.

parentalrights1
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I can have visions but I dunno about predicting the future.

I had a dream once that came true but it wasnt super significant. If I "predict the future" it's usually just our spirit guides telling me whatever it is. That's also where the visions come from (as well as the dreams I think but I'm not sure)

I can't communicate directly or clearly. Hubby can communicate easier but we still can't literally see or hear them.

We can't do readings. Unless the guides want is to deliver a message then they aren't just gonna answer any old question for the hell of it.

I do practice tarot though and may read in the future as I get better
parentalrights1
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:10 PM
And I believe in auras too. I havnt successfully seen one but my husband can if he tries.

I don't know if its from and aura or not but sometimes we can feel positive or negative energy from someone we are near and like everything else, hubby is alot better at it. He has strong empathic abilities and I just kinda randomly may experience it once in a blue moon.

parentalrights1
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I wouldn't want a reading done unles I trust the person. I might get a reading just for fun from someone though
casseopeia
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Yep.  I live with a psychic.  I get random readings all the time.

survivorinohio
by René on May. 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I have also experience ituition that seems unreally accurate myself.  And dreams.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Do you think that auras and visions can be seen?  I think people can convince themselves they see auras and that people can see what they deem to be visions.  I do not believe that these auras/visions are consistent or predictive of anything.  

Would you want a reading done? For fun, yes.  

Do you think its ok to try and see the future? I think it's not possible, but I don't have any ethical problem with it. 

If someone offered a precognitive view of sopmething would you listen to it or disregard it? I would listen to it because I am interested in what people have to say.  I would put no more or less stock in it than any other guess about the future.  

If you believe it  do you believe it is absolute?  

I will add that I think that some people who call themselves psychic do have a good sense of human nature and can give advice that is as good as any other observer's.  A mom of a friend once gave me a tarot card reading that correctly predicted the course of my love life over the next couple of years, but I think that was because she knew me and was older and could see how things were going to shake out, given my personality.  

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Yes I do. Auras are not precognition, they are the energy field around a living being usually not visible to the naked eye, You can train yourself to see aura's - this has been proved by science. I can see people's auras

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)