Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Just some advice.

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:43 PM
  • 69 Replies

If your family is into hunting, you may want to grab your ammo, if you see it anywhere, because my remington and federal reps both say it wont be easy to get.  They have told me to let my customers know that.  I am searching their sites right now and can tell you, the quantities available are ZERO.

Minnow Slayer

by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 19, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Interesting.

I will pass this on.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I have been too.  It is even hitting shotgun shells now.  I can't find 00buck to save me.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Interesting.

I will pass this on.

Minnow Slayer

tooptimistic
by Kelly on May. 19, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Why is it so hard to find?

I will pass it on my hubby..  He hasn't been hunting a while, but he may want to try to stock up.

joyfree
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM

That's weird, because you would think that ammunitions manufacturer's would be working overtime to keep up with demand... Is there a shortage of the metal used( though I know that you can refill shell casings) to make the shell casings or perhaps the ingredients for the gun powder?

I can't see the arms industry not taking advantage of the demand, you know, capitalism and such...

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I remember back at the end of December, January and the early part of the year, our local news was reporting gun and ammo sales had gone up considerably and especially in light of the issue of gun control being addressed by both political parties, from the White House and people in general.

Are ammo and gun sales still up where you are? Could this be part of the problem?

I haven't heard anything else since then here locally and only stories about a couple of successful buy-back events.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM

The good part about this kind of 'warning' is that it can mean some real fast liquid assets for the companies involved...

How long do you think it takes to replenish the supplies in the absence of, say, a worldwide metal shortage...

GLWerth
by Gina on May. 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM
3 moms liked this

They will take advantage, after they gin up greater demand. 

Step 1: slow down production and tell retailers that there is a shortage.

Step 2: the price climbs AND people get fearful. Production ramps up and manufacturers/retailers make a ton of money.

Rinse, repeat.

Quoting joyfree:

That's weird, because you would think that ammunitions manufacturer's would be working overtime to keep up with demand... Is there a shortage of the metal used( though I know that you can refill shell casings) to make the shell casings or perhaps the ingredients for the gun powder?

I can't see the arms industry not taking advantage of the demand, you know, capitalism and such...

Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Government buy up.  People in hoarding, panic mode. Ammo manufacturers are going full bore. 

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the heads up.

SlingsAndThings
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM

We've thought about buying some. My boss was talking to us about this last week. 

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)