Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would you have a problem with your child dating someone of another race?

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin admitted that before she met her baby's father, she dated a couple of black guys (we're white). I personally didn't think it was that big of a deal, but after hearing how her mom reacted (suffice it to say, it was NOT good), I guess I can understand her reluctance to "confess" this secret. 

Would you be upset if your child dated outside your race? Why or why not?

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
jllcali
by Jane on May. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM
No, I wouldn't care as long as she is treated well.

My family wouldn't care. My uncle married a black woman, my aunt married a fillipino man, my daughter's father is Mexican. Some of his family might object but they can shove it.
RedSoxWife
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I don't care if you're purple, make my kids happy and you're gold in my book.
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Hypothetically no, however, I can't be 100% sure.  Black and white I have zero issues with. 

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I wouldn't care. Dh is black and white. Dad white mom black. So without them I wouldn't have my love. I would more take issue with dd being with someone outside our religion but in the end I would build a bridge and get over it because its her life. Love is love regardless of race
Tag3.0
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Ha! I have a biracial daughter and I just hope like hell she finds a guy who loves her for all the right reasons. Im black and her dad is white, my SO is white as well. I have a feeling she may copy mommy and end up with a white guy though. 

I dont have anything against black men, it's hard to find a man when you do the work I do anyway and Im a total nerd.

lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Nope. As long as he is with a woman (or man) that makes him happy and is good for him, I could care less what race/gender that person is. 

MariannLws
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM

No 

Tag3.0
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I would really like to hear from someone who would. I would not argue with em either.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 20, 2013 at 10:51 AM

My youngest has had two 'boyfriends' who are black.  Of course, at her age 'boyfriend' means nothing more than a boy she likes.

I have no issue with it at all.

I am more concerned with the boy himself and what he is like, his personality, his manners and so on. 

Bwebb
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I only want my children to be happy - so the only person I would be unhappy with them dating would be someone who puts them down or hurts them. Other than that, I would not care at all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)