Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would you have a problem with your child dating someone of another race?

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin admitted that before she met her baby's father, she dated a couple of black guys (we're white). I personally didn't think it was that big of a deal, but after hearing how her mom reacted (suffice it to say, it was NOT good), I guess I can understand her reluctance to "confess" this secret. 

Would you be upset if your child dated outside your race? Why or why not?

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Replies (181-186):
TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM

No, I wouldn't be upset. It doesn't matter. 

Mommieluvkids
by New Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 8:02 AM

No, I wouldn't a long as they are happy and the person is good to her, it is her choice and I will support her. I am a black mother with a mixed child.shake hand

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jun. 3, 2013 at 8:10 AM

A person's character is much more important...I only wish parters for my kids who are kind, caring and committed (but not in some creepy stalker-ish way).

rfurlongg
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 8:13 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I better not! My 2 boy kids have already shown a definite preferece for girls very different from them. My oldest(13) likes African-American girls and my youngest(11) likes Asian girls. Both boys are white-blonde and blue-eyed. I can't wait!!

MomRocs1102
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Race doesnt matter happiness, and health does in relationships. Dh and i both were raised to not look at race and were raising our son and daughter the same way. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)