Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you have a problem with your child dating someone of another race?

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin admitted that before she met her baby's father, she dated a couple of black guys (we're white). I personally didn't think it was that big of a deal, but after hearing how her mom reacted (suffice it to say, it was NOT good), I guess I can understand her reluctance to "confess" this secret. 

Would you be upset if your child dated outside your race? Why or why not?

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:03 AM

My mother and I are estranged because she didn't like my choice of husband. Knowing nothing about him other than he's black, she chose to remove herself as mother and grandmother. Oh she has $$ plans for the one child of mine that is not fathered by my husband. Those won't come to light until she dies. The others could rot as far as she's concerned.

I don't care what race the person is...

T-HoneyLuv
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Nope. My kids are Russian ( Me ) and Jamaican ( Dad ). We live in NYC, the biggest melting pot in the world. As long as they meet people who will respect them and love them, I will have no problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tag3.0
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Nope. My kids are Russian ( Me ) and Jamaican ( Dad ). We live in NYC, the biggest melting pot in the world. As long as they meet people who will respect them and love them, I will have no problem.

So you are white and he would be considered black. 

Tag3.0
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Quoting Tag3.0:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

So you are white and he would be considered black. 

Thats should be a question, not a statement.

kelly24019
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Nope, as long as he's happy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I Would not care.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting snookyfritz:

Does the person who posts all the anti black things, answer questions like this?

The known racists? IDK- but there's more than one here-

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on May. 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I would never be upset if my kids dated outside of our race or religion.  Really the only thing that could upset me in regards to my kids dating/married life, would be if my kids were in an abusive relationship or entered into an abusive or oppressive culture. 

snookyfritz
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Really?  I've just noticed the one.  I'll keep a look out

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Does the person who posts all the anti black things, answer questions like this?

The known racists? IDK- but there's more than one here-

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I could care less about race. I want a strong, educated, well rounded individual who treats my girls and their family with respect when those days come. I want my girls to be happy and healthy. That's all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured