Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would you have a problem with your child dating someone of another race?

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin admitted that before she met her baby's father, she dated a couple of black guys (we're white). I personally didn't think it was that big of a deal, but after hearing how her mom reacted (suffice it to say, it was NOT good), I guess I can understand her reluctance to "confess" this secret. 

Would you be upset if your child dated outside your race? Why or why not?

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Replies (31-40):
loverbug75
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
As long as they are not American!

Bahahahaha JK JK my lovey neighbours to the south!
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Wouldn't bother me in the least, as long as said person is not an ass.
caito
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Nope nope nope. All I care about is that person treating her right. I don't care if she's straight, LGBT, or dates anyone outside her race. She's not completely white anyway, so it would be hypocritical if I had a problem with it.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Of course I wouldn't care. My son's current girl friend is mixed Domican / Tai and we are white.

cammibear
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I'm thinking of our youth group. We have Hispanic, Chinese, and Russian blood among our boys, and I wouldn't have a problem with my dd dating any of them when she's 21 and able to date. ;) lol
T-HoneyLuv
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Ding Ding Ding!!! You are CORRECT!

Quoting Tag3.0:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Nope. My kids are Russian ( Me ) and Jamaican ( Dad ). We live in NYC, the biggest melting pot in the world. As long as they meet people who will respect them and love them, I will have no problem.

So you are white and he would be considered black. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM

No, I just want them in happy & healthy relationships

acrogodess
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Skin color wouldn't bother me. I do however prefer for them to date someone of a Hispanic background. Hispanics come in all shades of white to black, some even have an Asian look to them. Gender wouldn't bother me much either. I just want them to be happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flika
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I'm from South America and very white skin. So are my children. 2 were born blonde one brown hair like me. My grandma wouldn't approve any of us dating black men. I don't know what's her take on other races or other colors. My ex and dad to my 2 youngest he is from the USA. Being both of us white I never thought of being different races until I moved to the US.
My oldest son has dated girls from a few different countries. One was really nice with a crazy family and the rest were all nuts! Manipulative, controlling, not trusting him and more. I never said anything to him against them or their race but about how he was changing due to the problems he was having. He is now concentrating with college and work and not girls as far as I know.

I hope I didn't offend any one here. Not my intention
Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

How are you?

I just visited Guay last month...my daughter moved out to the suburbs (out the coastal route), but is still teaching at the high school.

Quoting flika:

I'm from South America and very white skin. So are my children. 2 were born blonde one brown hair like me. My grandma wouldn't approve any of us dating black men. I don't know what's her take on other races or other colors. My ex and dad to my 2 youngest he is from the USA. Being both of us white I never thought of being different races until I moved to the US.
My oldest son has dated girls from a few different countries. One was really nice with a crazy family and the rest were all nuts! Manipulative, controlling, not trusting him and more. I never said anything to him against them or their race but about how HR was changing due to the problems he was having. He is now concentrating with college and work and not girls as far as I know.

I hope I didn't offend any one here. Not my intention

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)