Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you have a problem with your child dating someone of another race?

Posted by   + Show Post

My cousin admitted that before she met her baby's father, she dated a couple of black guys (we're white). I personally didn't think it was that big of a deal, but after hearing how her mom reacted (suffice it to say, it was NOT good), I guess I can understand her reluctance to "confess" this secret. 

Would you be upset if your child dated outside your race? Why or why not?

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Replies (41-50):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I could give a shit. My mother would have a shit though. 

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM

No, I wouldn't have a problem.  With as diverse as the population is around me, I sort of expect that they will date people from another race.  As long as my kids are happy and treated well, and as long as the person they're seeing is a good person... It's all good with me. 

maria1613
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I'd have no problem with it as long as he treated her right and she was happy
Elyssa414
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Lol, no. I wouldn't care.
MamaHardman
by on May. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this

There are just as many crazy white people as there are, black, Hispanic, Arabic, etc. As long as the two people are good for each other, who cares what color of skin they have. Those whom we are sometimes against, are the ones who surprise us the most.

flika
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Hey I'm good and you? How did you like the city? Did you go to the beach or the mountains? Living the route your dd is makes it closer to Salinas Lol. My aunt lives that way. One if those neighborhoods. And my niece graduated from the HS last year. She knows your dd too. Told me everyone loves her!

Quoting Sisteract:

How are you?

I just visited Guay last month...my daughter moved out to the suburbs (out the coastal route), but is still teaching at the high school.

Quoting flika:

I'm from South America and very white skin. So are my children. 2 were born blonde one brown hair like me. My grandma wouldn't approve any of us dating black men. I don't know what's her take on other races or other colors. My ex and dad to my 2 youngest he is from the USA. Being both of us white I never thought of being different races until I moved to the US.

My oldest son has dated girls from a few different countries. One was really nice with a crazy family and the rest were all nuts! Manipulative, controlling, not trusting him and more. I never said anything to him against them or their race but about how HR was changing due to the problems he was having. He is now concentrating with college and work and not girls as far as I know.

I hope I didn't offend any one here. Not my intention

MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I am IR married and we are sooo freakin in love:)

No one can ever stop two people in love.It took 14 years for my white inlaws to accept me.....some of them still dont.I am so proud of my little nuclear family...our kids are our universe.

For me color is just a skin tone.For alot of people they see race and division.

I could care less who anyone loves....just as long as I have my husband:)

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on May. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it would be difficult for my dd to find someone she doesn't share a race with LOL!

Baby girl is mixed with Black, European, Mexican, Japanese, and Native American.

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on May. 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM

No

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM

My child is mixed race, so no. lol

Come join us!

Butt 'N Gut

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured