Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama in the Dark?? I don't believe it for a minute

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM
JRM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this
White House Chief of Staff knew about damaging IRS audit, kept Obama in the dark
By S.A. MILLER, Post Correspondent
Last Updated: 4:22 PM, May 20, 2013
Posted: 3:46 PM, May 20, 2013
WASHINGTON – The Internal Revenue Serviced scandal today spread further within the White House and closer to President Obama.

White House spokesman Jay Carney today disclosed that Obama’s chief of staff, Dennis McDonough, and other top White House officials had advance warning that the IRS was targeting conservative groups.

But he insisted McDonough and the other White House officials purposely kept Obama out of the loop.

McDonough “rightly chose not to take action” to inform Obama, Carney told reporters at the daily White House briefing.

“That’s what any White House should do,” he said. “The cardinal rule here is you do not intervene in an independent investigation … particularly when the final conclusions have not been releases.”

McDonough joins a growing list of White House officials who knew about the Treasury inspector general’s investigation into the IRS wrongly targeting of Tea Party and other conservative groups for extra scrutiny of their tax-exempt status.

Previously, it surfaced that White House Chief Counsel Kathryn Ruemmler learned of the IG probe on April 22, three weeks before President Obama claims he learned of it from news reports.
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grandmab125
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:11 PM
3 moms liked this

Well, we all know they are covering for Obama.  Then there's David Axlerod's explanation on the Morning Joe Program last week:

The government is simply too big for President Obama to keep track of all the wrongdoing taking place on his watch, his former senior adviser, David Axelrod, told MSNBC. “Part of being president is there’s so much beneath you that you can’t know because the government is so vast,” he explained.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Im going to say what so many in here say all the time: if you arent doing anything wrong, whats the problem?

Lol
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM
5 moms liked this
If he truly did not know anything about any of it, he is incompetent at and incapable of doing the job he was elected to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:35 PM
4 moms liked this

He knew.  Damage control isn't really going to well.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 20, 2013 at 9:37 PM
4 moms liked this
Of course he knew, this is his chief of staff.

Quoting Carpy:

He knew.  Damage control isn't really going to well.

tnmomofive
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM
4 moms liked this

He friggin knew.Seriously, please spare me.Honestly,I do not think anything he does would matter.Nobody is going to impeach the first black president.Could you imagine the uproar.I mean really shit would hit the fan.So it does not matter what illegal shit he pulls or knows of nobody will do shit about any of it.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you imagine the riots there will be, if Congress impeaches him?  But there isn't a chance of that, unless we get control of the Senate in 2014.  Which after this crap, should be a shoo-in.  Before these last two scandals surfaced, Dem's in the red states were already distancing themselves from him....mostly because of Obamacare and his rabid anti-gun stance.

Quoting tnmomofive:

He friggin knew.Seriously, please spare me.Honestly,I do not think anything he does would matter.Nobody is going to impeach the first black president.Could you imagine the uproar.I mean really shit would hit the fan.So it does not matter what illegal shit he pulls or knows of nobody will do shit about any of it.

grandma B

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait didn't Carney tell the press no one in the White House knew about the IRS?

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Obaba is to busy being a celebrity to keep up with what's going on in the White House.....

Quoting grandmab125:

Well, we all know they are covering for Obama.  Then there's David Axlerod's explanation on the Morning Joe Program last week:

The government is simply too big for President Obama to keep track of all the wrongdoing taking place on his watch, his former senior adviser, David Axelrod, told MSNBC. “Part of being president is there’s so much beneath you that you can’t know because the government is so vast,” he explained.

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

If he truly did not know anything about any of it, he is incompetent at and incapable of doing the job he was elected to do.

It does lend credibility to the claim that it wasn't Obama who made te call to go after Osama bin Laden.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured