Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby left in car seat for 8 days...

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:53 AM
  • 5 Replies
Sorry if its been posted.. But how can people be so cruel..? This is just insane to me and so very sad :(

PEORIA, Ill. – A central Illinois couple faces first-degree murder charges in the death of their 5-month-old baby, who was found unresponsive in a car seat that had been placed in a crib.
Both Tracey Hermann, 21, and James Sargent, 23, appeared Wednesday in Peoria County Circuit Court in the death of Benjamin Sargent.
The charges state the parents' actions or lack thereof, were "brutal and heinous . . . indicative of wanton cruelty," factors that could mean they face up to 100 years in prison if convicted.
The 5-month-old was dropped off at his parents' house on Feb. 4, strapped into his car seat. Eight days later, he was found in the same position, said Peoria County State's Attorney Kevin Lyons during a bond hearing for the parents.
"He died from starvation due to neglect from these two defendants, his parents," Lyons said. "It's the worst case of child neglect we have seen since the turn of this century."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/02/21/parents-baby-left-alone-in-car-seat-for-8-days-face-murder-charges/#ixzz2TuKVjjIX
by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Paperfishies
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:55 AM
3 moms liked this
Fuck en. They don't even deserve a trial. Throw them in a dark room and starve them to death.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Feliciam22
by New Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:58 AM
I couldn't agree more.. A friend posted this on FB now tht I'm looking a little closer I see its pretty old. But still who could do tht?!?

Quoting Paperfishies:

Fuck en. They don't even deserve a trial. Throw them in a dark room and starve them to death.

Bonita131
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:27 AM

It was 5 years ago. The father got 100 years, the mother got 50 years. It was a well known news story at the time. I don't get why you'd post a child abuse case that was dealt with in the courts 5 years ago, when there's so many other abused children out there who need our attention right this minute.  

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:42 AM

This is what happens when people rely on facebook for their news.

Quoting Bonita131:

It was 5 years ago. The father got 100 years, the mother got 50 years. It was a well known news story at the time. I don't get why you'd post a child abuse case that was dealt with in the courts 5 years ago, when there's so many other abused children out there who need our attention right this minute.  

rfurlongg
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Horrid. I hope they do receive 100yrs without parole.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured