Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do You Think Jodi A. Should get Life in Prison or Death? How do you Feel About the Death Penalty?

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
  • 121 Replies
Since, Jodi Arias has been convicted of 1st Degree Murder/Pre-Meditated, what do you think she should get, life in prison or death? Could the 12 Jurors give her death? Could you? I thought about this today. I watched & listened to her while she plead for her life today. I guess, for me I wanted to hear what she had to say. I wanted to hear her say to the family of Travis A., how sorry she was & meant it. I wanted to hear her NOT talk about herself. I wanted to hear her say, if you spare my life, what I will do in prison to make my life worth while. Even though I don't know what that would be. It just made me sick listening to her. She couldn't even fake being sorry. She said she is going to continue to paint & sell them. Raising money for Domestic Violence Victims. She even put up a t-shirt that said "Survivor" on it, proceeds will ALL go to DV. (yeah right). I couldn't believe she stood there holding up a white t-shirt with the word, "Survivor" on it. After listening to her, I had no doubt I could give her death. I don't want to know that Jodi can have a life still, even behind bars. I DON'T want to see her do all those things she said she was going to do. When Travis's life is gone, she took that away. He can't do any of those things. Nope, I would give her death. How about you?
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 21, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I think the DP is too easy- She needs to do  a hard, life sentence.

finnbar
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this
My favorite part was when she pledged to lead fellow inmates in conversations of a higher level.
She really thinks she's all that and a bag of chips
Tatiana7
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Death. Solitary on death row would kill her before the needle ever got into her vein.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KreatingMe
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Holy shit. has she not been sentenced yet? What is the friggin hold up here? Does the judge love the limelight? 

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I am not a supporter of the death penalty. So I would say life in prison without parole.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 21, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Quoting KreatingMe:

Holy shit. has she not been sentenced yet? What is the friggin hold up here? Does the judge love the limelight? 

The jury is still deliberating.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Well what I think would be the best verdict for Jodi would be given the death penalty. She would be put into a very small jail cell all alone. She would see what that feels like & for her to just sweat it out KNOWING that anytime now she will be put to death. She'll have to think about, is it going to be this yr? month? In AZ the average time is 12 yrs. So, to me, the worse verdict for Jodi would be to have her in this small cell all alone, then in 12 yrs. put to death.
rfurlongg
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Yep

Quoting Sisteract:

I think the DP is too easy- She needs to do  a hard, life sentence.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Death penalty.
mamamiajk
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I do support the death penalty but have come to believe it's an easy way out. Serving life without parole is much worse and I hope that's what Jodi gets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)