Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Medical question, is this something I need to really worry about?

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 20 Replies

I have enough to worry about right now. The doctor has already been called, they are going to try an fit him in. Last night when DH took his shirt off i saw a lot of swelling around the base of his neck. Its very soft and squishy and kind of breathes with him like a poofy necklace under his musculature that is separated by tendons so it looks like several bubbles of swelling.

Any Ideas what this could be and should I be worried?

With DD being so sick and other DD having a LEAP and Bill is sick enough I swear. I am imagining head cancer, perferations, all kinds of shit.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I'm sorry you have to deal with this.  I hope he is well

stormcris
by Christy on May. 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Could be a lot of things. It could be a simple infection that caused it or it could be a strange form of shingles or several other things. I wouldn't worry about it until you see a doctor or if it gets worse right now.

terpmama
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM

No idea... Hugs and support bump

Woodbabe
by Woodie on May. 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

..and here I was ready to say "Yes you ARE pregnant".....

I wouldnt stress yourself into sickness until you see the doctor! Hugs to you!

survivorinohio
by René on May. 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Quoting stormcris:

Could be a lot of things. It could be a simple infection that caused it or it could be a strange form of shingles or several other things. I wouldn't worry about it until you see a doctor or if it gets worse right now.

Thank you.  DD has testing tomorrow and she looks worse everyday.  The one with the LEAP doesnt worry me so much , even if she has cervical cancer which is likely she will probably be just fine.

Bill I dunno, I dont know what will take him down but I feel like its coming.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

stormcris
by Christy on May. 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I will keep your family in my thoughts.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting stormcris:

Thank you.  DD has testing tomorrow and she looks worse everyday.  The one with the LEAP doesnt worry me so much , even if she has cervical cancer which is likely she will probably be just fine.

Bill I dunno, I dont know what will take him down but I feel like its coming.

survivorinohio
by René on May. 23, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Woodbabe:

Yea that what my brain tells me too but the worry bone is active today lol.

Me pregnant?  Now that would really be something, I think I would cry then I would get a lawyer and be rich:)

Woodbabe
by Woodie on May. 23, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Yea that what my brain tells me too but the worry bone is active today lol.

Me pregnant?  Now that would really be something, I think I would cry then I would get a lawyer and be rich:)

Bryan and I joke that if I got pregnant we'd start our own religion! :) Hang tight today babe!

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

(((((((((((((((Rene)))))))))))))))) You hang in there, OK? I know stress can eat a person alive if allowed to and I have definitely been there and done that many times.

Any chance he's on a new type of medication that may have caused some type of allergic reaction?

I hope the doctor can fit you in and you can find out what is going on with Bill.

Ziva65
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi- Hang in there. I know it's easy to think the worst, and try not to do that. As said above, could be a simple infection, allergy reaction, abcess, lipoma (fat lump)-

can you let us know after you see the doc?

((Hugs)) Really, try not to stress. I'm an N.P, and when something is going on with hubby, I say "call your doc" because I don't want to stress, or I start going through all the worst things in my head-  hard to be logical when it's so close to home sometimes :)

keep us posted. Hang in there. Too much going on at the same time :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN