Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medical question, is this something I need to really worry about?

I have enough to worry about right now. The doctor has already been called, they are going to try an fit him in. Last night when DH took his shirt off i saw a lot of swelling around the base of his neck. Its very soft and squishy and kind of breathes with him like a poofy necklace under his musculature that is separated by tendons so it looks like several bubbles of swelling.

Any Ideas what this could be and should I be worried?

With DD being so sick and other DD having a LEAP and Bill is sick enough I swear. I am imagining head cancer, perferations, all kinds of shit.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
Peanutx3
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Big hugs Rene.

romalove
by Roma on May. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Message me later please and let me know what's going on.

Hugs to you <3

SuperChicken
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

When it rains, it pours :(

I hope all turns out well.

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Hugs.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Lymph issues? You are correct in getting it checked out.

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Swollen lymph nodes? My middle daughter had something that sounds similar, and her lymph nodes were all swollen.
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

No clue...but I'm sorry he's going through all this and will pray for him if you like. 

survivorinohio
by René on May. 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, they are going to do a whole list of testing.  A full blood count, kidney, liver, diabetes and heart, as well as thyroid testing including an ultrasound.  His thyroid is enlarged maybe frome the prednisone.  I know from my research there is a valve like thing in the thryroid that can get clogged.

His BP is real high at 189/102 but it went down to 160/90

I am not as worried about him anynmore.  H is having her mammogram right now, biopsy Thurs, and J is having her leap today at 2. Cervical cancer isnt so scary either but I HATE that cancer is threatening so many people I love, like all of the adults closest to me at this point

My best friend(she is in florida and didnt tell me before because of whats going on with H) told me yesterday she is having another colonoscopy today and she has a very large hard lymphnode in her groin.  last colonoscopy showed precancerous polyps.  FUCK CANCER!  LEAVE MY PEOPLE ALONE. Dont even scare us anymore dammit.  Her hubby is a 5 yr survivor from stage 4 lymphoma.  Colon cancer isnt always so bad either, she is strong. Maybe its not cancer.

Peanutx3
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I am so sorry the people you love are going through this all at once.  Hugs to you survivor.  

lga1965
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured