Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Need your help fundraising for The Custody Project

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Would you donate $1 to $25 to a cause if you knew it helped protect and educate (1) one child?

Options:

Monthly

Yearly

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1

View Results

Anyone open to helping me raise money for The Custody Project?

https://www.networkforgood.org/donation/ExpressDonation.aspx?ORGID2=954521373

by on May. 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM

What gap does this service organization fill?

hwinzen
by New Member on May. 23, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Our Mission: To promote the general welfare, both directly and indirectly, of women and their children as a unit as related to care, custody, and visitation issues. The Custody Project assists qualified mothers who can no longer provide the common necessities of life for their families, due to the cost of defending the custody or visitation of their children. For resources and information, mothers please visit Services and About Us. To understand what our mothers are going through and how The Custody Project helps them. The Custody Project recognizes that when a civilization protects its mothers and their children, it thrives in its legacies. In a world where custody can be lost for lack of funds …We assist. Founded in 1994, The Custody Project is a charitable, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
katy_kay08
by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:10 PM

If the program went to help low income women obtain legal council I would be more likely to donate.  While I think some of what the group is doing is helpful ultimately what women often need is the help in obtaining legal council because ultimately that is what they forego when deciding what needs to fill.  

It may do this but it's not clear in it's program discription.  

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I know what the mission is...i went to the website. I am asking what gap it fills as there are many organizations that provide similar services. Of all of those, why should i give to yours?

Quoting hwinzen:

Our Mission: To promote the general welfare, both directly and indirectly, of women and their children as a unit as related to care, custody, and visitation issues. The Custody Project assists qualified mothers who can no longer provide the common necessities of life for their families, due to the cost of defending the custody or visitation of their children. For resources and information, mothers please visit Services and About Us. To understand what our mothers are going through and how The Custody Project helps them. The Custody Project recognizes that when a civilization protects its mothers and their children, it thrives in its legacies. In a world where custody can be lost for lack of funds …We assist. Founded in 1994, The Custody Project is a charitable, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.

hwinzen
by New Member on May. 23, 2013 at 5:18 PM

It does help low income woman.  

You can call me with any questions at 805-450-8865.

Thank you so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)