Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

‘I’m Not Wearing Pants!’

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

‘I’m Not Wearing Pants!’ And 19 Other Ridiculous Examples Of Sexism At Fox News 

Fox News Panel  Sexual Harrassment You Decide

Screen shot from Media Matters’ video montage featuring snippets of male chauvinist banter from Fox News: “Sexual Harrassment? You Decide”

Oh, this is rich. Our friends at Media Matters have put together a delightful little video-compilation for all to enjoy. It’s called, “Sexual Harassment: You Decide” and features a montage of various inappropriate moments with the various ‘on-air personalities’ from Fox News. (So I know I’ve decided.)

One has to wonder why any woman would want to appear on Fox much less work for that lousy bunch good ol’ boys. I mean, it’s Fox News for crying out loud. The general rules of common decency, etiquette and respect for women do not apply. Such rules simply have no place there. In Foxland, ‘Fair and Balanced’ news is more like ‘Fair and Are You F**king Kidding Me?’

Yet women get Foxed every day on the show. We see some of them in this lovely audio-visual potpourri of insulting, demeaning, and sexist slurs. Such comments in any other company would lead to a sure expulsion or lawsuit. Not with Fox. They are immune to all the laws, in all the lands.

Where to begin … Here are a few of the least offensive slurs. The best are left for viewing pleasure. It’s well worth the 77 seconds of time. Just make sure that you wait a half hour before eating after watching this:

Brian Kilmeade: “Thank you, Hooters! That’s how I wake up everyday.”(Thank you, Bob we’re not surprised!)

Brian Kilmeade: ”She’s a great actress. And she’s got a great body.” (Oh, Brian…)

Rush Limbaugh: “I love women. Where did all this get started? I LOVE the women’s movement – especially when I’m walking behind them!” (Pig.)

Glenn Beck: ”You are so hot – and I mean that!” (Glenn, Glenn, Glenn… you are so not – and I mean that.)

Here’s the video:

Oh, to have only heard her say:

“Glenn, I’ve got some time, a camera, and an attorney. Why don’t you stop by?”

I imagine the Fox News Sexual Slur and Harassment Archives are packed full. Thanks, Media Matters, for taking the time to pluck out some jewels and put them on video. 

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/05/24/im-not-wearing-pants-and-19-other-ridiculous-examples-of-sexism-at-fox-news-video/#ixzz2UFnmlgpg

by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 24, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Well, it's certainly clear who they think their market is...

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:09 PM
3 moms liked this

I bet you that at some point in this topic a conservative is going to make the claim that a liberal has done the same-As if that makes it okay.

Sexism is wrong. No matter how many people do it, or from which side of the fence they are on.

T-HoneyLuv
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Rush Limbaugh and the word " sexual " just don't belong together. * shudders *
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
You never wear pants :-P
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

lol

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Rush Limbaugh and the word " sexual " just don't belong together. * shudders *

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN