Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I practice Voodoo

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

No not really

Has anyone been to Voodoo Doughnuts?  They have two locations in Portland, Oregon, "Voodoo Doughnuts" and Voodoo Doughnuts Too" and one in Eugene, Oregon, "Voodoo Tres".  The doughnut shop has been featured on some of the Travel Channel shows, as well as some other televsions shows.  Their doughnuts are really good and quite unusual.  I've been told that people wait in line for hours.  We were lucky when we were there, the wait was only about twenty minutes or so.  You can find their doughnuts on their website.

http://www.voodoodoughnut.com

Voodoo Doughnuts has been featured on the Travel Channel's Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations,[13] Man v. FoodDoughnut Paradise,[14] and G4's Attack of the Show, as well as the Pacific Northwest edition of Globe Trekker.[15] It was a destination in the season finale of the 13th season of The Amazing Race.

In 2010, television documentary The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special – In 3-D! On Ice! featured a segment in which filmmaker Morgan Spurlock paid a visit to the Voodoo Doughnut Too location.

Jay Leno included Voodoo Doughnut in a Tonight Show opening monologue: "Did you hear about the doughnut shop in Portland, Oregon, that has caffeinated doughnuts? Yeah, I guess you can stay awake during your bypass surgery."[16] Voodoo Doughnut would later be mentioned again whenAmanda Seyfried appeared on the show in support of her 2012 film, Gone.

The shop's doughnuts, including the distinctive box, appeared in a fourth-season episode of theTNT drama series Leverage. This episode of the show, which films in Portland, was the first actually set in that city. Additionally, the pink box has appeared in the second episode of series one of Grimm and the episode Like a Virgin of Supernatural.

Voodoo Doughnuts

Voodoo Doll

bacon maple bar

Memphis Mafia

dirt doughnut

by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on May. 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Yes ma'am. SIL and I stopped on our way back from Portland (went up for Rockfest in 2011). Bacon maple bars are the shiz. 

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I live in Euegene, yes I have had them. :)

karisma22
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM

My favorite, so far, is the Memphis Mafia.  I've had their doughnuts twice.  Once a friend brought two back for my daughter and myself.  The other time we were in Portland for softball camp.  We've tried the ones pictured and the one with bubblegum.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Yes ma'am. SIL and I stopped on our way back from Portland (went up for Rockfest in 2011). Bacon maple bars are the shiz. 

karisma22
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

What one is your favorite?  Is the one in Eugene as crazy as the ones in Portland?

Quoting Euphoric:

Annettey19
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Ooh! I want to try them! If they're that good I want to experience them.
Goodwoman614
by Satan on May. 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Holy shiiiiiit! Somebody overnight me a box of those maple bacons...I will pay you in advance...

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I like the one that tastes like grape, and the oreo one. They are just as crazy here.

Quoting karisma22:

What one is your favorite?  Is the one in Eugene as crazy as the ones in Portland?

Quoting Euphoric:

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Our boss brings a box into work every now and then.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Now I want some. mmmmm

ZsMommy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM

No-I'm on the other side of the country-but did just see them featured on a show on the travel Channel. The donuts looked awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)