Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it ever justified to call a kid an a**hole ?

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 72 Replies

What if the kid really was being an asshole? Is that OK because s/he needed to be corrected or should the adult go another route, like get the parent or correct in a more appropriate manner? Does your opinion change if the person was a family member? 

by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
desertlvn
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it is ever appropriate to call them that to their face.... or to family. But, I have known a few asshole children in my day. My dad actually called one, "a waste of flesh" the other day. Sad but true.

KreatingMe
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting desertlvn:

I don't think it is ever appropriate to call them that to their face.... or to family. But, I have known a few asshole children in my day. My dad actually called one, "a waste of flesh" the other day. Sad but true.

Sure, there are kids that act like assholes. There have been times when I wanted to tell kids they were acting like assholes but I didn't because I'm the adult and they are the kid. I agree with you. IMO, the adult must always act like the adult and is therefore held to a higher standard of behavior. An adult shouldn't be calling a kid an asshole to the kids face.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on May. 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I would never call a kid that to their face.  But I would certainly tell them what I thought of their behavior.  If the parent is there I am going to, and have, told the parent to please step in.   

Nope, doesn't change if it is a family member.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on May. 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think it's appropriate to call names. I teach my children to not call other people names so it wouldn't help teach them if I called them names.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sure I have called my kids an asshole at one time or another- at least to their father. Oh and I am sure every kid on the face of the Earth has been an asshole at some point. We all have been A-holes-

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on May. 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Depends on how old.  I have no problem calling a 11-17yo an arsehole.  

I dont think under 5yos can be arseholes.  Smartarses and whiners..sure.

5-11yo I think their parents should be approached about behaviour and only enforcement of appropriate behaviour said to the child.

KreatingMe
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Quoting Sisteract:

I am sure I have called my kids an asshole at one time or another- at least to their father. Oh and I am sure every kid on the face of the Earth has been an asshole at some point. We all have been A-holes-

I completely agree but is it OK to call a kid an asshole to their face? 

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM
2 moms liked this
If you are incapable of reprimanding your child without calling them names, you need professional help.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 26, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

My own kid, yes-

Mine are also 26 and nearing 23-

Quoting KreatingMe:

Quoting Sisteract:

I completely agree but is it OK to call a kid an asshole to their face? 

TCgirlatheart
by TC on May. 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM
For me it may depend on their age, but if they were maliciously harming my child, then they'd be an asshole.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured