Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you have gay friends?

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 59 Replies
1 mom liked this
I would like to know how many of the bible thumping, conservative right wing folks on here actually have gay people in thier circle of friends? If not how can you comment on who they are when you don't actually know any out-gay folks.
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on May. 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

peeking 

Pema_Jampa
Aicha
Yesterday at 7:04 PM
Khaled, Taha, Faudel - Aicha - Live HD

Live Concert - 1,2,3 Soleils - 1998 ***Warning*** The last person who copied/stole this video to his account was reported and YT removed his copy of this video.

by SxyTaco on May. 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM
2 moms liked this

popcorn

Trollslayer
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

popcorn

margarita time

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm Catholic - we don't thump Bibles, lol, but I'll answer.

Yes, I have one openly gay friend, a couple more I wonder about, and one or two who have "experimented" (but do not consider themselves gay or bi). Before I came back to the church, that last group would have included me :P

My husband has a few friends who are openly gay as well and several more at his office, I believe. I'm not sure.

Frankly, unless they mention it and/or unless they are very good friends, how would I know? Lol. I don't exactly screen them.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

saphiraka
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I live in one of those small (less than 800 people) towns in the middle of bible thumping country.. If there is anyone that is gay here they dont advertise it.. To my knowledge none of my friends here are but if they were I wouldnt have any problems with it.  I figure if anyone is of that mind set they move the heck out of this town  lol.. I am not a christian and I dont broadcast that around town either or Id be in the same boat as a gay around here..  "good people feeling they need to "save" my soul"

dtm1491
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Yes. In fact, in my 20's I had no problem at a gay bar. Gay guys make the best bffs.

I have friends who live together. My cousin is gay and has HIV. An old friend of mine was a drag queen and performed in shows. I have been to a lesbian wedding. Who cares?

romalove
by Roma on May. 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a bible thumping conservative, but I'll answer anyway.

I have a few gay friends.  One of them is a manager for opera stars, very involved with casting at the Metropolitan Opera in New York.  One is an artist and teacher on the Jersey shore, one lives in Pennsylvania and is in a lesbian choral group that travels about, and one of them is in Las Vegas working for Cirque du Soleil.

My daughters both have many gay friends because of their involvement with the performing arts.  The younger generations honestly don't seem to care that much.  One of my daughter's friends came out on Facebook when he was a sophomore in high school.  The outing post engendered almost 200 likes and about 100 messages of support, not one bad thing was said.

Pema_Jampa
Aicha
Yesterday at 7:04 PM
Khaled, Taha, Faudel - Aicha - Live HD

Live Concert - 1,2,3 Soleils - 1998 ***Warning*** The last person who copied/stole this video to his account was reported and YT removed his copy of this video.

by SxyTaco on May. 26, 2013 at 10:57 AM

You've got me! Woot!

lesbians

Quoting romalove:

I have a few gay friends.  One of them is a manager for opera stars, very involved with casting at the Metropolitan Opera in New York.  One is an artist and teacher on the Jersey shore, one lives in Pennsylvania and is in a lesbian choral group that travels about, and one of them is in Las Vegas working for Cirque du Soleil.

My daughters both have many gay friends because of their involvement with the performing arts.  The younger generations honestly don't seem to care that much.  One of my daughter's friends came out on Facebook when he was a sophomore in high school.  The outing post engendered almost 200 likes and about 100 messages of support, not one bad thing was said.

romalove
by Roma on May. 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

You've got me! Woot!

lesbians

Quoting romalove:

<3

Ooooh I am so lucky!  :-)

romanceparty4u
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm a Christian and have gay friends. It's not up to me to judge the lifestyle another person leads. It's not up to me to "save their souls" if their souls need saving. Only God knows what is in a person's heart, and only God should address them. Not my job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)