Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

re-introduction post :3

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 55 Replies
3 moms liked this

It seems that a lot of us have gotten off on the wrong foot. So, maybe we can reintroduce ourselves and try and get a little fun in :D

My name is Lynn, I am 32 (booo) and currently live at Ft Hood, TX. My husband is a veteran (been in for 10 years) and I have a 7 yr old son. They are my life. I have two rescue mutts who are the best dogs I have ever owned. 

My son has autism and I home school him while we are in Texas. I am a certified dog trainer (gentle techniques).

I am very liberal in that I don't care what you do as long as you don't hurt others. I have an issue with guns, but I don't want them taken away from people either ... Hel, i am currently learning how to shoot.. can't hit the broad side of the barn, but, eh..lolol.

I am a Heathen and care deeply for the Gods. 

We are hoping to move to Maine soon, because husband person has been injured pretty badly while in the army (No, not in combat, thank the gods) and they may not keep him. 

Hmm.. I think that's its. 

So, if you want ... join in :3

by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM
7 moms liked this

People here know me as Vee.  = ) I've never disclosed my name for fear of internet whackos but you can find pictures of me and my family here and there. I'm a 43 year old mom with two toddlers ages 4 and 2. I've been married for almost 11 years. Until March I was a SAHM. Going back to work lowered my blood pressure and is slowly mending my sanity. = ) I'm agnostic. I tend to be middle of the road politically. I believe people should be responsible for themselves and be mindful of intentional and unintentional consequences of their actions. Sarcasm is my first language, but English is a close second.

:curtsy:

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on May. 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM
5 moms liked this

Hi I'm Pema!

tiffyhamm
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 1:45 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm Tiffany, aka Tiffy or Tiff.  I'm 28, married, two kids, sahm...grew up an Army brat.  I reside in Copperas Cove, Tx...right outside Ft. Hood.  My kids are 6 and 4.  My oldest has Autism.  This area sucks in terms of resources for those with Autism.  I don't like living here, even though I was raised in Killeen (next town over) for a big chunk of my life and graduated high school there...I miss the Houston area, that's where all my buddies are.  Hubs is a Lt. of Correctional Officers in a prison, he loves it, I hate it.  Politically, I'm far left.  Although I am not religious, I'm conflicted when it comes to religion and spirituality (basically, I don't know what I believe).  I like cookies and chocolate pecan pies, they are my weakness, I'm working on that.

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM
4 moms liked this

Great, GREAT idea! :)

I'm Lisa and will be turning (proudly) 47-years old in August. I have been married for over 27 years to one of my best buds in the world and we have three kid's: Samantha (26), Joshua (20) and Danielle (15). Dani has been home educated since the second quarter of 5th grade and has been a student of Connections Academy--hence my LC Mama tag on my name as we home educating parents are referred to as a "Learning Coach" by Connections Academy--since 6th grade. She will be a 10th grader officially as of next Friday and will graduate in 2016 with CA. :)

We make our home Arizona and I've been an Arizona resident since 1973. I was born in California. My husband will be 56 this year and was born in Baltimore but has called Arizona home since he was 2 weeks old.

I am disabled but I'm in the process of writing a book about what else? Motherhood. :) My writing mentor and the person who's inspired my style of writing is the late Erma Bombeck.

I also sketch, make jewelry and I am an avid computer games fan. I also enjoy fishing, swimming, day trips, shopping (when I have money to), reading, gardening and spending time with loved ones.

wave

ejsmom4604
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Ok..I'm game!

My name is Hollie, I am currently 37, however that will change in a couple of days, then I will be 38...and yeah another post for another time. Anyway I am married to my sould mate for almost 3 years. I have two bio-kids, E whom is 9 and on the Autism spectrum, and D whom is 2 and showing signs of being Neuro Typical (NT). Oh, interesting fact about E and D is they share the same birthday and are exactly 7 years and almost 12 hours apart in age. I also have a SS,  C whom is 6 and also on the Autism spectrum. C will be officially living with us at the end of June. 

A little about me, I'm not really sure where I stand anymore religiously. I believe there is something bigger out there, but just don't seem to find anything that fits me. Politically I am more middle of the roadish, kinda depends on what is being discussed. 

When I type out responses, I tend to skip words, or my thoughts come out all mixed up, mostly because my brain is going way to fast for any other part of me to keep up, especially my fingers. Of course I don't notice until after I post lol. 

I love animals, mostly kitties. I have a 3 year old huge kitty named Mr. Viktor Kittenkats. Yes that is his name, he is my furbaby, and according to hubby I spoil him. I have become obsessed with The Voice, Chicago Fire, and Criminal Minds. I also struggle with body image issues, but deal with it through joking around. I am the one bewbed wonder mom lol. Anyway that is pretty much me in a nutshell. Probably more...but eh to lazy to put it all out there :P

romalove
by Roma on May. 26, 2013 at 2:19 PM
3 moms liked this

I am Roma.  Mother to three grown or almost grown kids (27, 24 and 17).  I am an entrepreneur work at home mom who has one company up and running and one that is always on the cusp of being launched as soon as I have the time.  

That's about all I have to say about that (hear Forrest Gump's voice as you read that please).

SLTmom
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi.  I'm a 37 y/oSAHM to four kids.  Twin girls, age 7.5; a 5.5 year old son and a 4 year old son.  I'm a pretty fair minded person, and love to debate.  I'm a fairly new member to this group, but am really enjoying it.

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"  Gerry Spence

stormcris
by Christy on May. 26, 2013 at 3:29 PM
4 moms liked this

Hi, I am Christy. I am a mother of two teenagers who are 17 (DD) and 13 (DS). I work from home running a few business and recently became Director of PR for a non-profit. I school my son from home via K12 and my daughter attends public school. My son has ADHD, EBD, and is being evaluated for Bipolar and reevaluated for level of LD. I reside in GA and if I disappear for any period of time it is health related. I am nature oriented. I love homesteading and believe in being prepared for disasters. I am spiritual but not religious and I practice shamanism. My dream is to own an island.

And now I feel like a pagent contestant lol.

Peanutx3
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Love this idea.

You all know me as Peanut. I am 38, widowed mom to 3 wonderful kids. ElleAnna is 11, Bryan is 8 and Allison is 6. I have learned to embrace life fully as we are not guaranteed tomorrow. Life is short and I am out to enjoy it fully.
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM
4 moms liked this

Hi, my name is Lizzie (yes Lizzie)

I'm an over....oh wait, not that kind of introduction. Anyhoo, I'm 40ish, married for awhile, 2 sons ages 10 and 21. My oldest son is the AF. Normally I'm an attorney however I have officially taken off until September because we are moving across country. My political views, I am told, are so far to the left I am unreasonable. I disagree :)

That's about it I suppose. ETA: I'm Jewish, if that matters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured