Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Washington man arrested for putting crying baby in freezer

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 15 Replies
A police siren. Photo: Shutterstock.com.

A 25-year-old man was arrested Saturday after his girlfriend claims she saw him remove their infant daughter from the freezer, where he’d placed her in an apparent attempt to stop the child’s crying.

Doctors believe the child is fine and will suffer no long-term effects, but that wasn’t clear at the time. The child was rushed to the hospital where doctors discovered she had a body temperature of just 84 degrees.

Tyler Deutsch was arrested and charged with suspicion of attempted murder, according to Washington Fox affiliate KCPQ.

Authorities said they believe the child was in the freezer for up to one hour.

This video is from Washington Fox affiliate Q13, aired Monday, May 27, 2013.

by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
little.worthen
by Tess on May. 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Sick.
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on May. 27, 2013 at 5:08 PM

TACOMA — A 25-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly putting his 6-week-old daughter in a freezer in their home to stop her from crying, authorities said Sunday.

deutsch1

Tyler Deutsch, 25, who lives near Roy, was booked into the Pierce County Jail on suspicion of attempted murder for allegedly putting his baby daughter, shown here on April 9, in a freezer Saturday to try to stop her from crying. (Photo: Facebook)

The baby was rushed to the hospital with a body temperature of 84 degrees.

Doctors at Tacoma’s Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital expect the infant to recover, Pierce County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Ed Troyer said Sunday.

The infant’s 22-year-old mother called 911 at about 4:30 p.m. Saturday and said she had found her boyfriend, Tyler Deutsch, taking the baby out of the freezer in their home in the 7600 block of 320th Street South, near the city of Roy, Troyer said.

The child is believed to have been in the freezer for about an hour.

Deutsch told sheriff’s deputies he put the infant in the freezer to stop the girl from crying, Troyer said.

He was booked into the Pierce County Jail on a charge of suspicion of attempted murder. He has no criminal history.

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2013/05/26/man-arrested-for-allegedly-putting-baby-in-freezer/#ixzz2UWtW8dio

gludwig2000
by Gina on May. 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM

What a sick piece of trash! I'm glad the baby is okay, and I really hope and pray this gives the girlfriend the reason to stay away from him.

littlemonaghan
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Gotta love people in Washington. I need to get out of here
purpleducky
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I always wonder what goes through their head to make such actions seem ok.

Mommabearbergh
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Wth is wrong with him
MrsSamMerlotte
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM
3 moms liked this
You know, people snap and shake their kids and I would imagine that immediately after they would be like "oh shit what the hell did I just do!" This guy had an entire hour to think that, and never did? What a monster. (Not that anyone who shakes their kid isn't though.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by Jane on May. 27, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Fucking disgusting
Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM

OMG- Did he have a lobotomy? so damn dumb-

finnbar
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Whoa. She could have suffocated or suffered hypothermia. 84 degrees is really low for a tiny baby.
I really hope this brainless idiot is never granted custody of this or any other child
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)