Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Bible does NOT differentiate between gays, gossips, murderers or the envious

Posted by on May. 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 25 Replies

24 Therefore AR)" style="">God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to AS)" style="">the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for AT)" style="">a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, AU)" style="">who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason AV)" style="">God gave them up to AW)" style="">dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, AX)" style="">men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, AY)" style="">God gave them up to AZ)" style="">a debased mind to do BA)" style="">what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know BB)" style="">God's righteous decree that those who practice such things BC)" style="">deserve to die, they not only do them but BD)" style="">give approval to those who practice them.

According to these verses, ALL of the things listed in red are deserving of death.

Romans 1:1-1:28 for the entire context (because surely SOMEONE will use that excuse).

by on May. 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Idk why the hell the paragraphs went all wonky...lol

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM

If you read on through Romans 2:5, it becomes very interesting.

I do believe I will make signs with these verses for my daughter and I to have on hand for the Pride festival protesters this weekend. 

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I wonder why, though, it says gays will receive "due penalty for their error", yet the people who commit the things in the next verse "deserve to die".

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM

The gist of those verses is that one had better stop judging others because you aren't the judge -He is.  The hypocrisy of judging others for doing the same thing that you are doing yourself is particularly chastised.  Get your own house in order.

The gist is not that you simply accept all behavior- no matter who is doing it, especially those who claim to know better.

We know that isn't true because of 1 Corinthians 5:12 

12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?

Romans 2 Therefore you have no excuse, whoever you are, when you judge others; for in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, are doing the very same things. 2 You say,[a] “We know that God’s judgment on those who do such things is in accordance with truth.” 3 Do you imagine, whoever you are, that when you judge those who do such things and yet do them yourself, you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience? Do you not realize that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? 5 But by your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 For he will repay according to each one’s deeds: 7 to those who by patiently doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; 8 while for those who are self-seeking and who obey not the truth but wickedness, there will be wrath and fury. 9 There will be anguish and distress for everyone who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. 11 For God shows no partiality.

Quoting Jack_Squat:

I do believe I will make signs with these verses for my daughter and I to have on hand for the Pride festival protesters this weekend. 

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I understood those to be equivalent - both bad!

Quoting Jack_Squat:

I wonder why, though, it says gays will receive "due penalty for their error", yet the people who commit the things in the next verse "deserve to die".

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM

1 John 5:16–17  There are degrees of sin

But death is a spiritual death, not actual. 

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I also don't understand the contradictions. You have this verse that says all you have to do is hear his word (not DO his word, he makes the distinction between HEARING and DOING) and believe and you are going to heaven. 

However, in other verses, you will perish if you don't follow the 7574663637 other rules. 

Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. 25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have lifein himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man."

Quoting snookyfritz:

1 John 5:16–17  There are degrees of sin

But death is a spiritual death, not actual. 

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Well, obviously. I was just wondering why the wording was different. 

Quoting TranquilMind:

I understood those to be equivalent - both bad!

Quoting Jack_Squat:

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:45 PM

However, it is said time and time again throughout the bible that NOBODY is  without sin, not even the people of the church. You know, thanks to the whole Eve ordeal. 

Quoting TranquilMind:

The gist of those verses is that one had better stop judging others because you aren't the judge -He is.  The hypocrisy of judging others for doing the same thing that you are doing yourself is particularly chastised.  Get your own house in order.

The gist is not that you simply accept all behavior- no matter who is doing it, especially those who claim to know better.

We know that isn't true because of 1 Corinthians 5:12 

12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?

Romans 2 Therefore you have no excuse, whoever you are, when you judge others; for in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, are doing the very same things. 2 You say,a]">[a] “We know that God’s judgment on those who do such things is in accordance with truth.” 3 Do you imagine, whoever you are, that when you judge those who do such things and yet do them yourself, you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience? Do you not realize that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? 5 But by your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 For he will repay according to each one’s deeds: 7 to those who by patiently doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; 8 while for those who are self-seeking and who obey not the truth but wickedness, there will be wrath and fury. 9 There will be anguish and distress for everyone who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. 11 For God shows no partiality.

Quoting Jack_Squat:

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on May. 29, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Theres no difference in sin. Sin is sin. Theres no bar graph in heaven stating which is the greatest sin, which is a toss up between denying god, or suicide. It depends on how well you can kiss ass to get your one way ticket upstairs.

If we didn't sin then jesus died in vein.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN