Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you buy maternity clothes

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:55 AM
  • 8 Replies

Just curious about where everyone buys their maternity clothes and how many of each item did you buy for your pregnancy?

Please list number  of Shirts,Shorts,Skirts,Dresses,Leggings,Jeans etc. 

Thanks!

by on May. 29, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wickedfiress
by Kellie on May. 29, 2013 at 1:28 AM

I have not been pregnant in a LONG time but almost every department store carries maternity clothing, and a lot of clothing stores have maternity sections also. 

rfhsure
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:34 AM

I got mine from the thrift store. 3 psnts and a pair of shorts for 30 bucks. (1 pair of pants was 40 at target). Instead of buying maternity shirts (i got a couple, but very very few) I got cute summer tops in a larger size so that I could wear them after I had the baby. baby doll style tops are the best because they're cute, they accomodate your belly, and they look great after pregnancy too, as well as hide the after baby bulge. All in all I probably bought about 10 things. my maternity wardrobe was under 50 dollars. I also utilized everything I already had in my wardrobe. I was able to wear almost all of my dresses with leggings underneath, and Im a fan of big sweaters, I wear them with leggings all the time. Those were great when I was pregnant. 

dtm1491
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:36 AM
I never did. I just wore my pants under my belly. I tried marernity clothes and hated them.
jllcali
by on May. 29, 2013 at 1:41 AM
My sister gave me a pair of pants and 2 pairs of shorts.
momma-moo
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I really hate buying maternity clothes, but I only get the bare essentials from motherhood maternity.  I'm not too crazy about the store and I end up having to take the tops in because their smallest sizes always run a little big on me.  I've gotten things from Macy's before too.

joyfree
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I bought most of mine at Motherhood Maternity... They had some cute stuff! Some of them I hated to stop wearing because I liked them so much!

Lizardannie1966
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:25 AM

It was SO different back in my day of being a young, pregnant Mom, especially with my two older kid's.

We actually wore blouses that had a big arrow directed toward the tummy that read, "Baby on board," or something to that effect.

Like that needed explaining! lol

Nowadays, so many women can forgo actual maternity clothes and just go up a size or two in regular clothing.

My motto back then was "Pitch me...I'm a tent!" when it came to what I wore with the big piece of stretchable fabric across the belly on my pants and shorts.

I would shop everywhere from Dillards, Robinson May to Mervyns (none of these are around anymore, at least not here in AZ) to consignment and thrift stores and even KMart.

Wherever the deal was, I went for it.

Mommabearbergh
by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Jcpenny and old navy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)