Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CREATION MUSEUM CLAIMS DRAGONS REALLY EXISTED

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 55 Replies

New Creation Museum Exhibit Claims Dragons Existed

article image

The controversial Creation Museum in Cincinnati, Ohio, has added a "Dragon Legends" exhibit, which is supposed to prove that dragons did exist, but were actually dinosaurs.

"There are lots of dragon legends because they were real creatures. We believe many of the dinosaurs would fit some of the descriptions of dragons, the land dragons at least. I've never seen an exhibit like this anywhere else," Dr. Ken Ham, president and founder of Answers in Genesis and the Creation Museum told OneNewsNow.

"We have an animatronics scientist there and other high-tech features like a dragon fly fossil. People will be able to download an app and when you put it over it, then the dragon fly comes out of the fossils and you see it three dimensional."

Another upcoming new exhibit is called "Dr. Crawley's Insectarium," which will present different kinds of insects.

"Some of those bugs are as big as your hands," Dr. Ham added. "The quality is just phenomenal. We've done up this fairly large room. It's like an underground bunker, if you will."

The new "Verbum Domini" exhibit will include 20 rare Bibles and Bible-related artifacts, purchased by Steve Green, president of Hobby Lobby, which opposes health care coverage for its employees, reports KJRH.com.

Source: OneNewsNow and KJRH.com

by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Ok, now you are just attacking Christianity. 

(according to someone on another thread, I forget who and where, but you aren't supposed to attack Dr. Ken Ham and the Creation Museum, apparently)

krysstizzle
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM
:/
IhartU
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Ok, now you are just attacking Christianity. 

(according to someone on another thread, I forget who and where, but you aren't supposed to attack Dr. Ken Ham and the Creation Museum, apparently)

I attack ignorance and it's not my fault that Christianity  and this stupid museum tend to fall under that category on a regular basis. wink mini

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this
Am I going to hear, "Puff the Magic Dragon" on Christian Radio now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on May. 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM

OK, I have got to go visit this museum, if for no other reason than I need a good giggle. It's about 4 hours from me. 

1Giovanni
by Becca on May. 29, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I believe in dragons. Don't know if I believe they where dinosaurs. But who knows there could had been a couple of dinosaur that made it through the end of them.
stormcris
by Christy on May. 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I think perhaps dragons did exist.

Since dragons were rather large serpents by some accounts of course those existed and still do.

There are five species of flying snakes, all of the genus Chrysopelea. Adults average about three feet (one meter) long, and though not lethal, some have a pretty testy temperament, said Socha. (link)

So given there are some rather large snakes and some flying snakes, dragons could definitely be a possibility.  Also, given the axoloti, they could have appeared to have wings.

Then again they could be some sort of left over dinosaur of a nature more similar to western depictions such as what many believe the thunderbirds are. But, then cryptids are a curiosity for me.

*shrug*

adeber1
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this

This damn thing is in my backyard (I live less than 10 miles from it) and though I've been avoiding going  because I REALLY don't want to contribute to the insanity, I might have to go now.

Must remember to take DH's car if I do go since my car has a Darwin Fish on it as well as a the depiction of the evolution of man on the window.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on May. 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM

:)

Quoting stormcris:

I think perhaps dragons did exist.

Since dragons were rather large serpents by some accounts of course those existed and still do.

There are five species of flying snakes, all of the genus Chrysopelea. Adults average about three feet (one meter) long, and though not lethal, some have a pretty testy temperament, said Socha. (link)

So given there are some rather large snakes and some flying snakes, dragons could definitely be a possibility.  Also, given the axoloti, they could have appeared to have wings.

Then again they could be some sort of left over dinosaur of a nature more similar to western depictions such as what many believe the thunderbirds are. But, then cryptids are a curiosity for me.

*shrug*

SuperChicken
by on May. 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

It's not that crazy to think that dragon myths came from people coming across dinosaur bones and thinking "oh crap, that's huge, and scary and I bet it ate people."  

However, the Creationist belief that people had dinosaurs for pets (also in the Creation Museum) is a little far fetched.   Just a tad.

I bet his name was Fluffy :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)