Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the f*&* lady! You don't really need all that sh@t!

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM
  • 146 Replies

So that is what some lovely individual in line behind me at Target this afternoon screamed at me, because apparently, my 12 items at checkout were slowing him down. *sigh*

What is the rudest or most inappropriate thing someone has said to you in public lately, and do you think more and more, people are just losing their "edit" buttons and letting it all come out? 

by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:30 PM
5 moms liked this

My son has my old iPhone. It doesn't have service but when we upgraded I kept it and filled it up with games for him to take on trips and whatnot (its easier than toting the iPad around anyway). We were sitting at the Drs office one day and he was playing his little Moose and Zee alphabet game on there and this old bat next to me leaned over and told me that it was a "crying shame that a child his age felt he needed his own cell phone" I politely told her to mind her own damn business. I didn't even bother to tell her that it wasn't an active phone. 

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 29, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Well, a coach did suggest I get glasses ... which is a far more rare comment today than it was when I was playing ball as a child.

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I don't think anyone has ever freaked out on me in public. At least it wasn't traumatizing enough that I remember it. Lol

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I'm often gobsmacked by the insanely rude things people will gleefully say to children...

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

My son has my old iPhone. It doesn't have service but when we upgraded I kept it and filled it up with games for him to take on trips and whatnot (its easier than toting the iPad around anyway). We were sitting at the Drs office one day and he was playing his little Moose and Zee alphabet game on there and this old bat next to me leaned over and told me that it was a "crying shame that a child his age felt he needed his own cell phone" I politely told her to mind her own damn business. I didn't even bother to tell her that it wasn't an active phone. 

jllcali
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM
13 moms liked this
I would have stared him straight in the eyes and put random items from the register racks on the belt until he looked away.
jllcali
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:36 PM
7 moms liked this
I was in front of some guy who blamed his loud, very smelly fart on me.
ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a feeling she was one of those old heifers that would have complained regardless of what he was doing. He was sitting quietly playing his game so she felt the need to comment on his phone. If he was up running and playing she would have bitched about that too.

Quoting LindaClement:

I'm often gobsmacked by the insanely rude things people will gleefully say to children...

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

Healthystart30
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Some psycho threatened to slap me in the face and then called me and my daughter bitches, my daughter is only 11! All because she took to long in a bathroom stall.
Talee
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Lately? A chick brought in about 30 loads of laundry to the laundromat, her and her BF were hogging all available dryers...he would hold the empty ones while she went and go  yet another load...over and over...I made some comments under my breath to another customer...she walks by and says "YES I KNOW I HAVE A LOT OF CLOTHES" and gave me this snarky look...omg wanted to slap her. Thankfully the owner of the laundromat came in, saw what was happening, intervened and started holding dryers for other customers.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on May. 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I suspect you're right.

It's sad how many angry old people there are in the world who feel the need to spread it around...

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

I have a feeling she was one of those old heifers that would have complained regardless of what he was doing. He was sitting quietly playing his game so she felt the need to comment on his phone. If he was up running and playing she would have bitched about that too.

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)