Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

MOTHER AND BABY CONFIRMED DEAD IN OK.

Posted by   + Show Post

They were in a car.  Ugh.  

With light and love

by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Replies (111-120):
tuckermum
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Sometimes houses aren't safe sometimes the safe thing is to out run the tornado. Thats what we did. We just got back home. I will tell you we are going to find a storm shelter next time. God was definitely watching over us.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

My mom (lives in SW Okla) & said a lot of people were in their cars trying to leave. So sad..the car is the LAST place you  need to be if there is a tornado. Get out & get in a ditch, or find a safe place in your house. CARS ARE NOT SAFE.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Tornados are on a war path lately. I am tired of storms.

dereksmom09
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:58 AM
My dh was by there in his semi. Hes the one that called me and told me about it. My thoughts are with her family.
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Thanks. I keep checking his FB and the groups page. But nothing since yesterday. He is the kind of guy that would stay.
Quoting Lunarprancer:

I have no specifics, but the news I am listening to said that some volunteers left upon warning of the storms.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

My heart hurts so much for everyone. This is unreal, it's like a movie. A friend of mine from LA runs a group called HARRP. They have been there not long after the Moore tornado. I am not sure if they have gone back to LA yet or are still there helping. I pray for everyone involved. This is just awful. 

hellokittykat
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I hope everyone in these tornado prone areas start to get underground shelters.  I hate hearing such tragic stories like this. 

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:31 AM
So sad. I'm so glad my area doesn't get hit with anything. I don't think I could live like that.
MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I saw about a month ago twc saying its actually a 60 yr low for tornadoes. They use to get more than this.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:33 AM
It's not possible in many arease because of flood plains and soil type...

Quoting hellokittykat:

I hope everyone in these tornado prone areas start to get underground shelters.  I hate hearing such tragic stories like this. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:40 AM

well they are entirely too close to me lately!

Quoting MrsImperfect:

I saw about a month ago twc saying its actually a 60 yr low for tornadoes. They use to get more than this.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Oceana09
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Will these poor people not get a break? Holy freaking cow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)