Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fiancé has asked me to quit CM.

Posted by   + Show Post
And he's right. We recently got rid of cable and my life is better for it. I even quit Fbook for three months... And am way less active now. I just wanted to say thank you for all the debates. It's made me realize how much I need to take my convictions and genuinely apply them in the real world. I am a strong believer in the power of love. So to all those that would deny others their civil rights, to those that use the bible for thier justification to be hateful. Keep your eye out for me because I just might be around the next corner.
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Replies (51-56):
Ziva65
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Have fun! I've quit before, and don't spend as much time here.

It is a problem though if too much time is spent on here.. certainly can be an addiction and a true waste of time. I totally get that.

It is also a problem if your fiance is trying to control you...hope that really isn't the case... and not a good way to start a marriage.

Wish you all the best :)

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:34 PM

You'll be back. They all come back. Mwahahahahahahahahaha

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Welcome to the Hotel California
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jun. 14, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Damn should have read the replies, I'm way late to the party.
jeweldragons
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Quoting TranquilMind:

Ha ha.

"You can check out any time you like - but you can never leave..."

Does anyone else remember the song reference? (My era).

Quoting Peanutx3:

Nobody, well very few CMers really quit us. I bet you will be back. 

Welcome to the Hotel California. Love that song. It's one of my favorite songs by the Eagles and we even got a teacher to play it for us in 11th grade when we were at this rec center place on a field trip. You know the song is talking about Hell right?
jeweldragons
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Nothing wrong with taking a break or leaving if you think this site is an addiction. I admit it's an addiction to me and I really should quit coming here but it's like a drug.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured