Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Tim Tebow... enough said? Any NFL fans here?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM
  • 22 Replies

In my introduction, I failed to mention that I am a HUGE NFL fan. Not college, but NFL and local highschool football.  (I'm also a huge NASCAR fan.)

Are there any NFL/Tebow fans here? 

So, The New England Patriots signed Tim Tebow.  Disclaimer:  I'm NOT a Tebow fan.  It's not because of his religion, it's because he played for Florida.  I'm a Georgia Bulldog!  GO DAWGS!  The ONLY college football games I watch are the big GA/FL game, and then the National Championship game.  So, my dislike for Tebow is based only on the fact that he's a Gator.  LOL

However, despite my feelings about Tebow, I feel like he got a pretty raw deal when he was drafted by the Broncos, then traded to the Jets.  Rex Ryan wouldn't have started Tebow if Mark Sanchez threw an interception every pass, and then got sacked when he couldn't throw.  Rex wanted the attention.

Does Tebow have what it takes to be a starting quarterback in the NFL?  I think, maybe, he does.  Aaron Rodgers was second string to Brett Farve for the Packers, and now he's one of the "elite" quarterbacks in the game.  If Tebow takes this chance, and learns from Tom Brady... yes, he could one day be a starter.  He's good at running the ball, but his passes leave a little to be desired.

I am an Atlanta Falcons fan.  Go DIRTY BIRDS!

Did Tebow get a raw deal because of his ability, or lack thereof, or because of his religion?  I don't think anyone could blame John Elway for wanting Peyton Manning over Tebow for the Broncos, but he DID lead the Broncos to the playoffs.

Thoughts?  Not football fans?  Tebow fans?  Not Tebow fans? 

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I'm more of  a college football fan. Go Ducks!

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a huge cowboys fan back in the 90's, now theyre shit and Romo sucks..

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a pats fan. I think belichick is good with getting people to see their potential. I don't think he got a raw deal. He is on a awesome team with a great coach and a good owner
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I am soooo pissed off about this. I really dislike Tebow. Not because of his religion (though, the showboating was very arrogant) but because he is a crap player. I am a Pats fan and I am going to have faith in Belichick that he knows what he is doing

558slilfreak
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Yes, Romo does suck.  LOL

JMmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM
I think Tebow got a raw deal because of bad luck and timing. I have a soft spot for Tebow. We are Broncos fans and although his performance was not necessarily consistent, I think that people didn't give him enough credit. I do NOT fault Elway at all for snapping up Manning. He would have been an idiot not too. However, I think Tebow would have been kept on as QB had Manning not become available. I wish that Tebow could have stayed on and played back up to Manning. I think he probably could have learned a lot and improved his passing game considerably. Not that Brady is a bad choice but now he's a patriot. *sigh* I just don't care for the patriots. No good reason.

At any rate, yes, I think ultimately Tebow could be a starting QB. I think he has a road to go down to get there. I hope he succeeds. He seems like a nice guy. I don't agree with a lot of his religious things but he has never struck me as an asshole.

That being said, although we are Broncos fans, I much prefer college football. Go Huskers.
558slilfreak
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Mommabear....  I don't think he got a raw deal with the Pats....  I meant prior to signing with the Pats.

As for the Pats' fan that's pissed, that coach for the Pats is a pretty smart man.  He got Tim Tebow, at one time the highest paid back-up quarterback, for the NFL minimum wage (THAT is one minimum wage that I wouldn't mind).  Plus, Tim does actually have some talent when it comes to running the wildcat option, and that keeps Brady healthy.  (Remember, I'm NOT a Tebow fan, but, I will give credit where credit is due.)  As a "real" QB, no, Tim has A LOT to learn, and let's face it, he's going to be learning from one of the best in the business.  As for the non-traditional stuff (aka - not passing, LOL), he's a good running back!  ;)

GO DIRTY BIRDS, tho!  :)

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM

He wasn't a great quarterback for Denver, but given time he might develop into one.

Other than that, he's super cute

558slilfreak
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM
I think Tebow got a raw deal because of bad luck and timing. I have a soft spot for Tebow. We are Broncos fans and although his performance was not necessarily consistent, I think that people didn't give him enough credit. I do NOT fault Elway at all for snapping up Manning. He would have been an idiot not too. However, I think Tebow would have been kept on as QB had Manning not become available. I wish that Tebow could have stayed on and played back up to Manning. I think he probably could have learned a lot and improved his passing game considerably. Not that Brady is a bad choice but now he's a patriot. *sigh* I just don't care for the patriots. No good reason.

At any rate, yes, I think ultimately Tebow could be a starting QB. I think he has a road to go down to get there. I hope he succeeds. He seems like a nice guy. I don't agree with a lot of his religious things but he has never struck me as an asshole.

That being said, although we are Broncos fans, I much prefer college football. Go Huskers.

TOTALLY agree.  I don't fault Elway at all.  Hello, it was Peyton freaking Manning!  And, yes, I agree, had Manning stayed with the Colts, Tebow would still be a Bronco.  I don't think we'll be hearing Patriot fans chanting "Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!" the first time Tom throws an interception.  I'm pretty sure Tom's job is secure.  LOL

558slilfreak
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Tim Tebow.... cute?  Yeah, neck down, maybe.  LOL

I'm not going to sit here and say that I haven't noticed a cute/fine/hunky NFL football player in my day, however, when I watch football, I'm watching football, not the looks of the players.  And, I mean no offense to anyone who does.  I'm a HUGE NFL fan.  Fanatic might be a better adjective. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)