Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tim Tebow... enough said? Any NFL fans here?

Posted by   + Show Post

In my introduction, I failed to mention that I am a HUGE NFL fan. Not college, but NFL and local highschool football.  (I'm also a huge NASCAR fan.)

Are there any NFL/Tebow fans here? 

So, The New England Patriots signed Tim Tebow.  Disclaimer:  I'm NOT a Tebow fan.  It's not because of his religion, it's because he played for Florida.  I'm a Georgia Bulldog!  GO DAWGS!  The ONLY college football games I watch are the big GA/FL game, and then the National Championship game.  So, my dislike for Tebow is based only on the fact that he's a Gator.  LOL

However, despite my feelings about Tebow, I feel like he got a pretty raw deal when he was drafted by the Broncos, then traded to the Jets.  Rex Ryan wouldn't have started Tebow if Mark Sanchez threw an interception every pass, and then got sacked when he couldn't throw.  Rex wanted the attention.

Does Tebow have what it takes to be a starting quarterback in the NFL?  I think, maybe, he does.  Aaron Rodgers was second string to Brett Farve for the Packers, and now he's one of the "elite" quarterbacks in the game.  If Tebow takes this chance, and learns from Tom Brady... yes, he could one day be a starter.  He's good at running the ball, but his passes leave a little to be desired.

I am an Atlanta Falcons fan.  Go DIRTY BIRDS!

Did Tebow get a raw deal because of his ability, or lack thereof, or because of his religion?  I don't think anyone could blame John Elway for wanting Peyton Manning over Tebow for the Broncos, but he DID lead the Broncos to the playoffs.

Thoughts?  Not football fans?  Tebow fans?  Not Tebow fans? 

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Replies (21-22):
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Well that doesn't make sense ....you mean just because praying is done then I wouldn't want to watch ? That's silly.

Quoting kalea_kane:

Then it is a good thing you don't watch football because there are a lot of players who pray and do the sign of the cross. 

Quoting lga1965:

I'm not a sports fan. I heard he's not that good. All I know is that he got too much attention for praying on the field . I've never thought people should pray and ask God to help a person win a damn football game. Or thank God for a great pass or tackle, whatever. It's just not right. Tacky.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:30 AM
I feel like the media turned him into a joke. Sure he is not the greatest qb but really all te media talked about was his very openess about his religion (like It was something new and strange) I hope he can learn and grow as a qb though and enjoy his nfl career.

Really though I'm a skins fan :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured