Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Dad Shoots at Teen Daughter's Boyfriend When He Catches Them Fooling Around

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 139 Replies

Dad Shoots at Teen Daughter's Boyfriend When He Catches Them Fooling Around

by Lindsay Mannering

teen signThere's probably not one parent in America who can't relate to 50-year-old Jamshid Ebrahimi. When he walked in the door of his Hillsboro, Oregon home to find his 14-year-old daughter partially clothed with a teenage boy, he kind of lost his mind. The enraged father grabbed a handgun and fired it into the floor. As the teenage boy fled, he fired another round into the air outside as the kid hauled it over a fence.

Now, the protective dad is under three years probation for reckless gun use. But if you ask him, he might say his crime was worth the punishment.

Listen -- fooling around with a gun is never a smart move. I mean, it's all fun and games until part of a teenager's foot is shot off. Still, I can't help but sympathize with the dad here. He saw red and had to do something to stop the madness.

Yes, a stern talking-to and a call to the boy's parents would have certainly sufficed, but in the heat of the moment, this father's cooler head did not prevail.

And hey, this way you can be sure that those kids learned a lesson. When dad gets out a deadly weapon, you know he's serious. Teens are really hard to get through to and, no, his fatal force is not justifiable, but you can't help but feel where Ebrahimi is coming from.

His daughter can rest assured that this won't happen again, though. Even though I'm sure she'd never dare fool around with a boy again in her father's home, the court has now forbidden Ebrahimi from owning a gun.

That boy lucked out.

What would you do if you caught your teen in this position?

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:50 AM
3 moms liked this

Holy crap.  I don't know what I would do, but I certainly wouldn't fire a gun at someone.

paperorplastic
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Daddy is not being a responsible gun owner!  The punishment fits the crime. 

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM
3 moms liked this

He did not fire the gun at the kid.   

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Holy crap.  I don't know what I would do, but I certainly wouldn't fire a gun at someone.

gsmom9
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

although i bet it was much more effective than a stern talking to. reminds me of that song how ill be waiting for you on the porch, cleaning my gun. i cant remember who sang that.

candlegal
by Judy on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM
3 moms liked this

I know a couple of boys my husband might have done the same thing with but he didn't.  It is not fun raising 5 daughters through the teen age years.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Not a reaction that I would have had. Sounds like another ding-dong (my newcatch phrase for stupid men)

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I can imagine.  We only have one DD and the other 6 are boys. 

I can't say I blame this dad for his extreme reaction.  Bet any future boy will think twice about the possibility  of having sex with her.  lol  He certainly let the word out..

Quoting candlegal:

I know a couple of boys my husband might have done the same thing with but he didn't.  It is not fun raising 5 daughters through the teen age years.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow that's an overreaction. Losing your temper is not an excuse to fire a gun once, let alone twice. Whether he aimed at the boy or not, it was completely unacceptable.

At least he's been banned from owning a firearm.

And no, I don't sympathize with him. The shock of having her father walk in and lose his temper would likely have been enough to keep the daughter from fooling around again. Instead, she and her boy friend have learned that it is acceptable to use deadly weapons to express their feelings-after all, as long as they don't hit anyone they'll just get probation.

parentalrights1
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Now if only there wasnt this double standard and dads would be equally enraged over their sons sexual activity
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I can read, thank you.  He took the gun out and fired it twice.  Either of those stray bullets could have hit the kid (or his daughter) and easily killed them.  Do you know how dangerous it is to fire a gun into the air?  A few years ago my neighbor was killed in her home by a stray bullet.  Two stupid teenagers from one street over was firing guns into the air and one of the bullets came through her roof and hit her in the head.  He fired a gun inside of his house, so IMO, he shot at the kid.  The bullet could have easily ricocheted and hurt or killed someone.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)