Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

My daughter got me kicked out of a store yesterday! Update in red on pg 18 I talked to him #2 pg26

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 301 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am so pissed!

This last month or so, I've been warning my 13yo dd about the kids she chooses to hang around with. They're little shits who are up to no good. She says she doesn't do anything but I told her it's called guilt by association.

So yesterday I sent her to the corner store to pick me up a soda. About 10 mins later I get a call, "Mom...the Asian guy (store owner) freaked out." "He was cool when I walked in but then (insert group of friends name here) walked in too and he started yelling and he kicked us out and locked the doors.

I walked down to see if i could talk to him. The store was dark and locked so I went to 7-11 instead to get my drink. On my way back I see the owner standing behind the shop screaming at the kids across the street. The kids are cussing him out too. I turn and yell at them to shut up and stop swearing at him. They do. As I turn back to him to apologize he yells at me, "You have the worst kid in the world!" "She is to never come back!" "You are to never come back!" "I can't believe these motherfucking kids!" Then he stomps off and slams the door.

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM
4 moms liked this
Hrm I wonder what the story is.. Maybe something happened that dd didnt tell you.
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Not only did she get punished for guilt by association, I did too!

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM

My heart just sunk into my stomach. What the hell do you do with that!? Have you talked to your kid yet or are you still too pissed? 

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM
8 moms liked this

So you are sure she is totally innocent here?

Blinders.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh I know what the story is. Those kids have been going in there for a while. They steal from him, throw his merchandise around, cuss him out. And dd is in the mix of it. She likes the drama but won't participate because she likes to keep her hands clean and say, "Well I didn't do anything!" This time it didn't matter. You are the company you keep.

Quoting Sunshine257:

Hrm I wonder what the story is.. Maybe something happened that dd didnt tell you.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I just don't know! I told her Nana (my mom) has NEVER had anyone tell her she had the worst kids in the world. Ever. Then I sent her to her room for the rest of the day. She's still in bed. I'm thinking of what I can say to her.

Quoting dawnie1:

My heart just sunk into my stomach. What the hell do you do with that!? Have you talked to your kid yet or are you still too pissed? 

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:49 AM

No, not totally. She can be mouthy but I know she doesn't pull the same crap as the other kids. She just likes to hang around and see the drama. She thinks if she doesn't "do anything" she won't get in trouble. Well she was wrong.

Quoting talia-mom:

So you are sure she is totally innocent here?

Blinders.

Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Ok I heard if you are with someone stealing you can get charged too. Not sure if that is true.

Quoting paganbaby:

Oh I know what the story is. Those kids have been going in there for a while. They steal from him, throw his merchandise around, cuss him out. And dd is in the mix of it. She likes the drama but won't participate because she likes to keep her hands clean and say, "Well I didn't do anything!" This time it didn't matter. You are the company you keep.

Quoting Sunshine257:

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:50 AM
3 moms liked this

Yup. I would also remind her of the saying, "Silence is the voice of complicity". If she hangs around with the kids while they're doing inappropriate things and doesn't say anything, it's no different than if she were joining in. I think a punishment is VERY appropriate here!

Quoting paganbaby:

She likes the drama but won't participate because she likes to keep her hands clean and say, "Well I didn't do anything!" This time it didn't matter. You are the company you keep.

Quoting Sunshine257:

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM
17 moms liked this

I'm sorry, but, what is the appeal of hanging out with kids who do those things if she isn't participating.

I wouldn't buy the innocent act for a second.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN