Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

$15.00 tattoo

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM
  • 27 Replies

Your 16 year old pays some one she does not know $15.00 for a tattoo.  It is awful.

Do you pay to have it removed or do you let your kiddo walk around with this until he/she is able to deal with it on their own?

Video is here.  It is from USA Today.

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allebas
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I would tell her to suck it up buttercup!!! Getting tats removed is way more expensive and painful than getting the tat in the first place!!

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:47 PM

tough luck kid.  I would have them tested for hepatitis though

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM
She would be stuck with it until she was able to pay for the removal. I'd hope my children would never be that dumb though.
candlegal
by Judy on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Until they can afford to have it removed, they are stuck wth it.

romanceparty4u
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I sue the person that put that tat on them, as it's not legal to tattoo someone that's underage. If the person that did it is also underage, I'd go after their parents.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I dare my daughter do to something like this. lol

She would have to deal with the consequences of her choice.  I certainly would not do any thing to have it removed or otherwise.

I would, however, have her in for a tetanus show.  Pronto.

Knowing me, I would have a few words for the man who did this.  Although, some one that scummy would probably not have the capacity to care what some one else says.

candlegal
by Judy on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I told my kids they better not come home with any tattos before they were 18 and they didn't.   I also told them if they came home with anything pierced besides their ears, I would pull out the piercings.   They didn't.   :)

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I dare my daughter do to something like this. lol

She would have to deal with the consequences of her choice.  I certainly would not do any thing to have it removed or otherwise.

I would, however, have her in for a tetanus show.  Pronto.

Knowing me, I would have a few words for the man who did this.  Although, some one that scummy would probably not have the capacity to care what some one else says.

stormcris
by Christy on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would worry more about the diseases than the bad tattoo

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I'd be more concerned with the quality of the location where it was done, as well as the cleanliness.  I would first be taking her to get tested to make sure she didn't contract Hepatitis or something.  Unless it was a direct threat to her health (body allergic to the ink), she can keep that tattoo and use her own money to have it removed.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM
She'd have to wait until she was 18 and could pay for a covet up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)