Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

OT: Matress reviews

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 46 Replies
We need a new mattress! Bad!! Every night we're waking up in the middle of the night (more than once) and our backs are aching.

I want to hear from you ladies what kind of matress you have and if you like it or not.

We have a full bed but can upgrade to a queen.

Any help is truly appreciated!!
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a Sleep Number mattress. At first we absolutely loved it. Our first night we overslept and were late for work. About 6 months after, something went wrong with the pump. The company was very difficult to deal with but we finally got them to replace it. Then after a month, the new pump went out. I would recommend avoiding the Sleep Number. We're moving soon and just buying a Serta at our new place.

viv212
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Thank you! I have never heard anyone have a bad experience with sleep number and that's what I want. The mister wants the memory foam kind. I haven't looked up the reviews yet because I wanted to narrow my search with you girls :)

Quoting lizzielouaf:

We have a Sleep Number mattress. At first we absolutely loved it. Our first night we overslept and were late for work. About 6 months after, something went wrong with the pump. The company was very difficult to deal with but we finally got them to replace it. Then after a month, the new pump went out. I would recommend avoiding the Sleep Number. We're moving soon and just buying a Serta at our new place.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
We love ours and have never had a problem.

Quoting viv212:

Thank you! I have never heard anyone have a bad experience with sleep number and that's what I want. The mister wants the memory foam kind. I haven't looked up the reviews yet because I wanted to narrow my search with you girls :)

Quoting lizzielouaf:

codfish
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:11 PM
We were thinking of getting a sleep number, but several friends of had problems with the pump. Hopefully someone on here knows of a good brand.
ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

We have the king size Tempur-Pedic Tempur Cloud Luxe Breeze. It was expensive but it was worth every penny. We sleep better now than we ever have! 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:14 PM

The mattress, when it worked, was a gift sent straight from heaven! My husband likes a really hard mattress and I want to sink into it like I'm in a soup bowl. I hadn't heard, personally, of any one saying anything bad until our pump went out and I looked on the internet. That's when I saw all the people that have had problems with the company. If you get one that doesn't have a problem, you will never ever want to sleep on any other mattress. I promise you that much. 

Quoting viv212:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

viv212
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I will definitely look into this.

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

We have the king size Tempur-Pedic Tempur Cloud Luxe Breeze. It was expensive but it was worth every penny. We sleep better now than we ever have! 

viv212
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM
I don't know if I want to gamble on that though. Especially when the company doesn't stand behind their guarantee.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

The mattress, when it worked, was a gift sent straight from heaven! My husband likes a really hard mattress and I want to sink into it like I'm in a soup bowl. I hadn't heard, personally, of any one saying anything bad until our pump went out and I looked on the internet. That's when I saw all the people that have had problems with the company. If you get one that doesn't have a problem, you will never ever want to sleep on any other mattress. I promise you that much. 

Quoting viv212:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

viv212
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Ok can I ask a personal question? Can you tell when you're having sex that one side is hard and one side is soft? The mister wants to know, not me. *looking around*

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Not if you're doing it right. I do look forward to what Carpy has to say though lol.

Quoting viv212:

Ok can I ask a personal question? Can you tell when you're having sex that one side is hard and one side is soft? The mister wants to know, not me. *looking around*

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting viv212:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN