Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

It's liberals that fight for Christian freedoms.

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:52 AM
  • 455 Replies
2 moms liked this
It's those of us that believe in freedom of choice that are actually holding up religious freedoms. I feel the right wing groups would self implode with out those that believe in their right to be wrong.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:54 AM
17 moms liked this
That is hogwash. Liberals are very much on the side of subjugation and oppression. I can see it despite the fancy footwork to try and cover it up/get away with it and I'm not the only one.
loverbug75
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:00 AM
That's not really making a point at all. You'll need to do better than that.
Aestas
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:15 AM
9 moms liked this

I often get the feeling that if certain right-wing Christians had their way, we'd be living in a Christian theocracy. Which is pretty much the exact opposite of religious freedom.

So, yeah.

But I'd add that liberals are not the only group who fight for these freedoms. People farther left than that (e.g., progressives and radicals) also believe in and fight for religious freedom. I'm not a liberal.

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM
3 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:38 AM
11 moms liked this

LOL!  Okey dokey.  If this is the case please tell me why these liberals insist on calling me a bigot and a homophobe just because I believe homosexuality is a sin?  Why do these same liberals not get as wound up because I also believe adultery is a sin?  Why the excitement if I thank God in a speech....or pray for the safety of the players before a ball game..........neither of these things are "converters."

bandgeek521
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:53 AM
18 moms liked this

lol, you have every right to be a bigot, but they also have the right to judge it. We are free to our beliefs and opinions. But if we choose to put our beliefs and opinions out there for others to see, in debate or so forth, we are not free from having them judged or commented on. Another difference is that you are free to your beliefs, but it's not okay to expect other people to live by them, so if you represent yourself or your beliefs in a way that appears as though you do expect others to adhere to them, then people will have a problem with that. You have the right to think homosexuality, or adultery, or whatever else, is a sin, but your beliefs only extend as far as your own person, you don't have the right to project them onto anyone else or expect anyone else to adhere to them. Obviously, I don't know if you were guilty of speaking in a way that was implying that you do expect others to follow your specific way of thought, but if others had the feeling that's what you were saying they weren't outside of their rights to disagree. Disagreeing is not oppressing or limiting your rights in any way.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

LOL!  Okey dokey.  If this is the case please tell me why these liberals insist on calling me a bigot and a homophobe just because I believe homosexuality is a sin?  Why do these same liberals not get as wound up because I also believe adultery is a sin?  Why the excitement if I thank God in a speech....or pray for the safety of the players before a ball game..........neither of these things are "converters."

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:56 AM
7 moms liked this

Well, that was good for a laugh.

SherryBerry106
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM
7 moms liked this

One has to decode Lib-speak.

By freedom she means tyranny.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

sidesplittinglaughter

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Just more ludicrous, counterproductive, nauseatingly circular labeling.  Then look at the first post and see the immediate, nonsensical result.

lga1965
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM
6 moms liked this
It's Liberals WHO fight for.......
And yes, the first response was ridiculous.
Let's stop dividing people into just two groups: Liberals and Conservatives.
It's mentally and intellectually lazy.
And boring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)