Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

It's liberals that fight for Christian freedoms.

Posted by   + Show Post
It's those of us that believe in freedom of choice that are actually holding up religious freedoms. I feel the right wing groups would self implode with out those that believe in their right to be wrong.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Replies (411-420):
blondekosmic15
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mikiemom:

Exactly what were Jesus words about homosexuality, good goodly boogly don't tell peter and john the apostles cuz well......

Another ex of your lack of understanding & immaturity concerning the Scriptures. I hope you're not implying St Paul, one of the greatest Apostles, secretly preached a false gospel about sins of the flesh including homosexuality when Jesus wasn't looking? Let me remind you....ALL Scripture is God breathed. Mikiemom, we are blessed with free will in this life but in eternity we'll be held accountable for everything we say & do. God chose to speak to us thru his Apostles & Prophets thru out the Centuries.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

2Timothy 3:16

To deny God spoke thru his Apostles is not an excuse to relinquish personal responsibility & sin. Sorry to disappoint you, doesn't work that way. Are you familiar with the parable of the rich man & the poor man named Lazarus? God speaks thru his Prophets AND Apostles. They do not teach a false gospel contrary to God's will. You have the choice to believe or reject the teachings but do not distort them.

Luke 16:19-31

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day.A)"> 20 At his gate was laid a beggarB)"> named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table.C)"> Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham,D)"> have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’E)">

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things,F)"> but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.G)"> 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them,H)"> so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have MosesI)"> and the Prophets;J)"> let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’K)"> he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

St Paul & those close to Jesus are very clear about the sin of homosexuality.

In Romans 1:18-32 Paul is not building on the sin of idolatry but showing the path of rejecting God and how sin progresses. In I Corinthians 6:9, the Greek word, translated “homosexual offender,” is the compound word meaning “male and bed,” and the word “bed” in the Greek dictionary is more specifically “marriage bed, intercourse.” So to say that this word means anything other than a homosexual relationship is not translating the language properly.

God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Romans 1:26-27

Great, you don't support any of those things don't do them but also don't ASSume that your opinion means that others can't do those things. _ oh there are several examples in the bible of multiple marriages -

Feel free to mock me. Jesus & the Apostles were treated in the same manner. Christians will not be exempt from this behavior. When we discuss the Scriptures & morality my words do not reflect personal opinion. They echo the writings of the Apostles & our Lord~+

"For if men use the greenwood like this, what will happen when it is dry?"

Luke 23:31

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

Because you are a homophob and a bigot if you think your opinion of homosexuality applies to anyone but yourself. You are welcome to do all of these things. you are not welcome to make everyone else listen to you while you do it. Why does this not make sense to you?

Homophobe is a trashy term used to insult Christians who embrace the moral teachings of Jesus. I do not support adultery. Mikiemom, according to your reasoning I'm an adulterphobe since I'm against adultery. Am I a polygamyphobe since I do not support multiple marriage partners? Why do you care if a person voices their opinions concerning homosexuality? If you were confident in your personal beliefs you would not feel threatened or intolerant of differing viewpoints~

Quoting yourspecialkid:

LOL!  Okey dokey.  If this is the case please tell me why these liberals insist on calling me a bigot and a homophobe just because I believe homosexuality is a sin?  Why do these same liberals not get as wound up because I also believe adultery is a sin?  Why the excitement if I thank God in a speech....or pray for the safety of the players before a ball game..........neither of these things are "converters."

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM

So basically you agree that Jesus didn't say anything about homosexuality. NO the apostles were not Jesus.

quoting gospels written by men does not show that Jesus spoke about homosexuality. FYI I stopped reading your post after you claimed the Apostles were not gay lol

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

Exactly what were Jesus words about homosexuality, good goodly boogly don't tell peter and john the apostles cuz well......

Another ex of your lack of understanding & immaturity concerning the Scriptures. I hope you're not implying St Paul, one of the greatest Apostles, secretly preached a false gospel about sins of the flesh including homosexuality when Jesus wasn't looking? Let me remind you....ALL Scripture is God breathed. Mikiemom, we are blessed with free will in this life but in eternity we'll be held accountable for everything we say & do. God chose to speak to us thru his Apostles & Prophets thru out the Centuries.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

To deny God spoke thru his Apostles is not an excuse to relinquish personal responsibility & sin. Sorry to disappoint you, doesn't work that way. Are you familiar with the parable of the rich man & the poor man named Lazarus? God speaks thru his Prophets AND Apostles. They do not teach a false gospel contrary to God's will. You have the choice to believe or reject the teachings but do not distort them.

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day.A)"> 20 At his gate was laid a beggarB)"> named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table.C)"> Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham,D)"> have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’E)">

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things,F)"> but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.G)"> 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them,H)"> so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have MosesI)"> and the Prophets;J)"> let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’K)"> he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

In Romans 1:18-32 Paul is not building on the sin of idolatry but showing the path of rejecting God and how sin progresses. In I Corinthians 6:9, the Greek word, translated “homosexual offender,” is the compound word meaning “male and bed,” and the word “bed” in the Greek dictionary is more specifically “marriage bed, intercourse.” So to say that this word means anything other than a homosexual relationship is not translating the language properly.

God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Great, you don't support any of those things don't do them but also don't ASSume that your opinion means that others can't do those things. _ oh there are several examples in the bible of multiple marriages -

Feel free to mock me. Jesus & the Apostles were treated in the same manner. Christians will not be exempt from this behavior. When we discuss the Scriptures & morality my words do not reflect personal opinion. They echo the writings of the Apostles & our Lord~+

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

Because you are a homophob and a bigot if you think your opinion of homosexuality applies to anyone but yourself. You are welcome to do all of these things. you are not welcome to make everyone else listen to you while you do it. Why does this not make sense to you?

Homophobe is a trashy term used to insult Christians who embrace the moral teachings of Jesus. I do not support adultery. Mikiemom, according to your reasoning I'm an adulterphobe since I'm against adultery. Am I a polygamyphobe since I do not support multiple marriage partners? Why do you care if a person voices their opinions concerning homosexuality? If you were confident in your personal beliefs you would not feel threatened or intolerant of differing viewpoints~

Quoting yourspecialkid:

LOL!  Okey dokey.  If this is the case please tell me why these liberals insist on calling me a bigot and a homophobe just because I believe homosexuality is a sin?  Why do these same liberals not get as wound up because I also believe adultery is a sin?  Why the excitement if I thank God in a speech....or pray for the safety of the players before a ball game..........neither of these things are "converters."

blondekosmic15
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mikiemom:

So basically you agree that Jesus didn't say anything about homosexuality. NO the apostles were not Jesus.

quoting gospels written by men does not show that Jesus spoke about homosexuality. FYI I stopped reading your post after you claimed the Apostles were not gay lol

Why am I not surprised this goes right over your head. Common sense & wisdom seems to be foreign to you. Perfect ex of spiritual blindness.

In red....your comment, a reminder to me of pure ignorance & distortion of the Bible.

Enjoy your afternoon....

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

The Rich Man and Lazarus

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM

oh look blonde can't debate without attacking people - Again, your scriptures are not evidence of Jesus condemning homosexuals. You do not need to attack others if you are unable to answer the questions presented.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

Why am I not surprised this goes right over your head. Common sense & wisdom seems to be foreign to you. Perfect ex of spiritual blindness.

In red....your comment, a reminder to me of pure ignorance & distortion of the Bible.

Enjoy your afternoon....

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

The Rich Man and Lazarus

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

jcribb16
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:36 PM

"Everyone" contradicts with only speaking to believers' rights to live based on what God means to them, and what His Word says to them. So, actually it sounds like you are really only directing this towards Christians.  Thanks.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting jcribb16:

You make excellent points - are they directed to everyone?  Or towards a particular side?  :)

Quoting FromAtoZ:

There are many things people do that I disagree with, on a personal level.  There are many things people do that I disagree with, on a religious level.

As long as those people are not harming others, they are free to live their lives as they see fit.  As long as those people are not trying to force me to go along with what they are doing, they are free to do as they please.

Playing God by trying to force any one to think, feel or do as I do, or would do under any given circumstances, is wrong.

I can wholeheartedly disagree with many things throughout my life.  When I make the attempt to force another to follow behind me that is when I have over stepped.

It is not that hard to live your life according to how you believe, feel or otherwise with the knowledge and understanding that not every one else is going to believe, feel or do the same.  Nor should I expect the majority to.

Every one.  

No laws should be made based on any biblical view or points.  It isn't  up to me to govern what another does according to what I may belief, in regards to religion.  It should not be up to any one to govern another based on any religious beliefs, regardless of the religion.

jcribb16
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Why don't you knock off the false claims of her "attacking people?" The Scriptures most certainly make it explicitly clear where God stands on the views of homosexuality.  You deny that, it appears, so you don't have to deal with a guilty conscience of pushing the homosexual agenda.

Like I mentioned to you already, if you don't believe the Bible is real, why are you so worried to deny the truth from it, with these kinds of topics?  Deep down, do you honestly admit the Bible is true, and so that's why you feel you must counter-attack it?  

And, like I said previously to you, if you are not a Christian, and do not believe God's Word, as the divine inspiration of God, then you have no understanding of the fact that God hates sin, including homosexuality.

Quoting mikiemom:

oh look blonde can't debate without attacking people - Again, your scriptures are not evidence of Jesus condemning homosexuals. You do not need to attack others if you are unable to answer the questions presented.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

Enjoy your afternoon....

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

The Rich Man and Lazarus

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

jcribb16
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

While you are free to your opinion, I'm free to also tell you that your comment here is callous, cruel, insensitive, cold, and heartless for that precious unborn child.  You are very fortunate to have been given your right to living your life outside of your mother's womb.  

Quoting mikiemom:

a fetus that is not viable outside of the womb does not have rights that supercede the rights of the host to that fetus.

Quoting sweetnspacey:

From a true non religious conservative stand point the right to life argument is based on the fact that every living person has certain rights that should never be infringed upon and the right to live is one of those. Since a baby is living it's understood that person has the same right to life.

Liberal government always means a larger government. More government programs, just more government in general.

As far as marriage goes I honestly believe that it's none of the governments business.

Quoting mikiemom:

Is that why conservatives think they should have a say in everybody elses marriages, reproductive rights etc.

I think the opposite is actually the truth based on what the GOP stands for.

Quoting sweetnspacey:

Liberals are for a larger more controlling government, conservatives are for a smaller less controlling government.

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM

You wrote a handful with that comment.

There are many inconsistencies with certain groups allowed to do things certain ways, while others are called out, challenged, or not allowed to do things certain ways

Quoting jcribb16:

I agree.  There are many inconsistencies with certain groups allowed to do things certain ways, while others are called out, challenged, or not allowed to do things certain ways - including in our own government.  It's good that our founding fathers had the kind of insight they did and established rules and the Constitution.  Our country would be in deep trouble within its own borders...

Quoting HAHuskey:

IF we believe that being gay is a sin, then it would be morally wrong to be gay(for us). We as a nation have many things that are morally wrong outlawed. Like Polygamy, Murder, Rape, Robbery, ect.. SO Us feeling that people should be bound by law to be morally just isn't far off the normal line of thought. Granted being gay isn't really hurting anyone where 3 of the 4 I mentioned is, but it was just an example. I'm a 'Bigot' apparently.

They would still have the same rights as us. If same sex marriage was illegal, I wouldn't be able to marry a girl any more than the girl down the street. I "get it" I'm wrong for praying before I eat in public and my kid can't take his Bible to school but, the moment I get upset about that I get bashed. All along the atheist and Muslim community (in my area at least) are legally allowed(as in it's illegal to stop them) to be given time out of their work and school to pray and can tell my kids that they are wrong. I have been accused of being a "hate-monger" for saying I disagree with abortion and gay marriage, but people can put up posts supporting such things and are glorified for standing up for their beliefs.

If you ask me, (most) liberals are just at much bigots and hate-mongers as anyone else.

BUT As a christian and a republican(fot like full fledge, I do disagree with some stuff), I accept that I will be branded those thing and will stand with my fellow bigots for what we believe in.

I Believe in the Government the FOunding Fathers Invisioned upon signing the grand docment that our current govt. has violated(on both sides) time and time again.

Quoting pansyprincess:

Well, because you are.  You are willing to relegate people to having less rights than you because you don't like the people that they are.  That makes you a homophobe and a bigot.

And last I heard, most conservatives aren't trying to make it illegal for someone to commit adultery, are they???  I don't give a rat's ass if you don't believe in gay marriage, but you are trying to take what you believe to be right and wrong and force it on the rest of us.  That is what makes you a bigot.

No one cares if you personally thank god in a speech, or pray before a game.  BUT NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES AS YOU DO!  Pray for yourself, take care of yourself, do what you want as a person, don't try to force it on others.  It's fairly simple.

But yeah, none of you get it.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:58 PM

You're on a roll in this thread.

What some either don't see, refuse to see, or don't care about, is the fact that there are indeed some over-zealous people, who do think their beliefs and/or opinions are right, no matter what.

Quoting jcribb16:

It also means that either of our opinions do not necessarily mean they are facts.  It doesn't mean putting stipulations on what or how any of us are allowed to do, based on the way others think they have the "right" to name-call, bash, and/or intimidate, when disagreed with.

What some either don't see, refuse to see, or don't care about, is the fact that there are indeed some over-zealous people, who do think their beliefs and/or opinions are right, no matter what. And are the ones who are actually doing what they are accusing others of doing.

To a Christian, the Bible says, by Christ Himself, that believers are to share the Gospel (Bible, salvation, etc.) with others.  Not force or threaten, but only share.  If others do not want that sharing, they say no. However, I agree that there are some who will try and force, or argue/threaten hell over them, and those are the ones who make all Christians look bad with that.

I believe most everyone (with the exception of over-zealous ones) do NOT want legislation for a specified religion only.  That would be wrong for everyone, and even for Christians, it would be just like what happened in England.  So, that would affect any and/or everyone, not to mention acting against the Constitution.  I think we both agree with this.

Quoting mikiemom:

So you think religious freedom merely means freedom to pick your flavor of christianity. Sorry but you are incorrect Religious freedom means that you worry about your own religion and everyone else has the right to believe as they wish and no laws shall be established in favor of one religion over another.

Quoting jcribb16:

Really?  So all of the Christians that moved to this country because of religious persecution, being forced to only be of one religion, including living their lives based on the moral responsibilities and moral principles of God, didn't have anything of their choices based on their religious beliefs?  I'm sorry, but that is incorrect.  

Quoting mikiemom:

This is odd to me. What other people do should have absolutely nothing to do with ones religious beliefs. No-one is forcing christians to marry the same sex or any other thing they are against. Why do they believe they have the right to make choices for other people.

Quoting jcribb16:

You should then always include in your comments "SOME," because not all Christians are like that, period.  And also, many Christians are judged for their own rights to their opinions and beliefs in some matters.  The same goes for the left - many are trying to limit anyone (Christian or not) from being able to believe as they choose, by being intimidating, rude, disrespectful, and more, to them.

The left (MANY) are NOT standing up for people's religious freedoms, when their freedoms are being bashed, limited to where the freedoms can/will/should take place, and jumping on their cases because they won't accept some choices that the left "thinks" they should. 

No one said persecution either - that's your word you brought into this. You also have to respect that not everyone is of your belief/values, and have to follow them, either.

Quoting mikiemom:

But it's clearly the Right wing Christian crowd that are all in folks bedrooms and vagina's, trying to force their religious beliefs onto the greater society, not understanding that their actions would limit religious freedom. The left are standing up for religious freedom which includes the christians being able to worship as they wish. Religious freedom does not mean forcing everyone to believe as you do, it is not persecution when you are told you have to respect that not everyone is christian and follows your belief system.

Quoting jcribb16:

And for [some] liberals, it's being concerned with others' actions, while not giving a care what their own actions are.  That "do as I say, not as I do" type of thing...

Quoting mikiemom:

Yes the liberal side is all about live and let live - they are less concerned with what your religion is and more concerned with what your actions are.

tweety101149
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

Perhaps you are right blondekosmic, that is a trashy term, just like many terms discribing people that do not like others because of race, nationality..., religion, gender, loving someone of the same sex... I just call them all INTOLERENT.   And that IMO, is a sin, according to my beliefs.   And from what I read about Jesus, he would too.  In fact many Christians, (as I stated earlier) have told me if Jesus were alive today he would be a liberal.  He would be infact following OT Laws.   I am not intolerant of your beliefs BK unless you're trying to surpess mine, or take mine away, or perhaps make your religious beliefs into secular law.  This country is not a theocracy.  But I am sure you know that. And, I for one,  would love to keep it that way.

butterfly on headlynda  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN