Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

It's liberals that fight for Christian freedoms.

Posted by   + Show Post
It's those of us that believe in freedom of choice that are actually holding up religious freedoms. I feel the right wing groups would self implode with out those that believe in their right to be wrong.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Replies (421-430):
Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Quoting Friday:

Quoting jcribb16:

Since you seem to have so many speaking to you about it, and saw the implication there, perhaps the "wording" of your statement could be changed in the original post.  Otherwise, you may be receiving more comments about it than you already have.

Quoting bandgeek521:

Dear God - for the third time. I did NOT call her a bigot. I was using the word she used and going from there.

Quoting jcribb16:

Right there, you just gave yourself away with disrespect towards those who have differing opinions and/or beliefs.  Instead of simply say yours and others' opinions disagree for one reason or another, you just indicated that they are already automatically "bigots" just because they don't think like you do.  No one is a bigot unless they are being obviously hateful, harmful, or worse.  Sure you can express your opinion too, but you aren't just sharing your disagreeing opinion when calling them "bigots."  

Or perhaps some people just see the word bigot and go on the defensive, w/o bothering to get the actual context, wonder why they would do that?

Her words on this page (10) LOL!!

You mis-interpreted my comment.

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

You'll find that a number of people do not understand this.

Quoting bandgeek521:

Oh God, no. We are not  a "majority rules." We are a democratic republic. We have a superior law that is held higher than the mere opinion of the majority. Certain things, like rights, aren't left up to the majority. That's why we have the Constitution and inalienable rights ;)

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - (attributed to Ben Franklin, though the actual author I'm unsure of)

Quoting prommy:

You can't make everyone happy that's why we have "majority rules.

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM
And their that woodwork goes, yielding every weevle, termite, and worm it can birth! LOL!
blondekosmic15
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Della529:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting jcribb16:

Since you seem to have so many speaking to you about it, and saw the implication there, perhaps the "wording" of your statement could be changed in the original post.  Otherwise, you may be receiving more comments about it than you already have.

Quoting bandgeek521:

Dear God - for the third time. I did NOT call her a bigot. I was using the word she used and going from there.

Quoting jcribb16:

Right there, you just gave yourself away with disrespect towards those who have differing opinions and/or beliefs.  Instead of simply say yours and others' opinions disagree for one reason or another, you just indicated that they are already automatically "bigots" just because they don't think like you do.  No one is a bigot unless they are being obviously hateful, harmful, or worse.  Sure you can express your opinion too, but you aren't just sharing your disagreeing opinion when calling them "bigots."  

Or perhaps some people just see the word bigot and go on the defensive, w/o bothering to get the actual context, wonder why they would do that?

Her words on this page (10) LOL!!

You mis-interpreted my comment.

Della, you misinterpret & deliberately twist my words frequently. You like to stir up controversy for the sake of dissension. Why can't you try to get along with those who share differing opinions?

blondekosmic15
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mikiemom:

oh look blonde can't debate without attacking people - Again, your scriptures are not evidence of Jesus condemning homosexuals. You do not need to attack others if you are unable to answer the questions presented.

I answered your questions in great length. It's your problem when you fail to understand. I rarely respond in the manner I did with you but I will not be silent when you spread lies about Jesus & his Apostles. Your comments are blasphemous & disrespectful. When you distort the Scriptures you do so to your own destruction & demise.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

So basically you agree that Jesus didn't say anything about homosexuality. NO the apostles were not Jesus.

quoting gospels written by men does not show that Jesus spoke about homosexuality. FYI I stopped reading your post after you claimed the Apostles were not gay lol

Why am I not surprised this goes right over your head. Common sense & wisdom seems to be foreign to you. Perfect ex of spiritual blindness.

In red....your comment, a reminder to me of pure ignorance & distortion of the Bible.

Enjoy your afternoon....

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

Exactly what were Jesus words about homosexuality, good goodly boogly don't tell peter and john the apostles cuz well......

Another ex of your lack of understanding & immaturity concerning the Scriptures. I hope you're not implying St Paul, one of the greatest Apostles, secretly preached a false gospel about sins of the flesh including homosexuality when Jesus wasn't looking? Let me remind you....ALL Scripture is God breathed. Mikiemom, we are blessed with free will in this life but in eternity we'll be held accountable for everything we say & do. God chose to speak to us thru his Apostles & Prophets thru out the Centuries.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

2Timothy 3:16

To deny God spoke thru his Apostles is not an excuse to relinquish personal responsibility & sin. Sorry to disappoint you, doesn't work that way. Are you familiar with the parable of the rich man & the poor man named Lazarus? God speaks thru his Prophets AND Apostles. They do not teach a false gospel contrary to God's will. You have the choice to believe or reject the teachings but do not distort them.

Luke 16:19-31

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day.A)"> 20 At his gate was laid a beggarB)"> named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table.C)"> Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham,D)"> have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’E)">

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things,F)"> but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.G)"> 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them,H)"> so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have MosesI)"> and the Prophets;J)"> let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’K)"> he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

St Paul & those close to Jesus are very clear about the sin of homosexuality.

In Romans 1:18-32 Paul is not building on the sin of idolatry but showing the path of rejecting God and how sin progresses. In I Corinthians 6:9, the Greek word, translated “homosexual offender,” is the compound word meaning “male and bed,” and the word “bed” in the Greek dictionary is more specifically “marriage bed, intercourse.” So to say that this word means anything other than a homosexual relationship is not translating the language properly.

God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Romans 1:26-27

Great, you don't support any of those things don't do them but also don't ASSume that your opinion means that others can't do those things. _ oh there are several examples in the bible of multiple marriages -

Feel free to mock me. Jesus & the Apostles were treated in the same manner. Christians will not be exempt from this behavior. When we discuss the Scriptures & morality my words do not reflect personal opinion. They echo the writings of the Apostles & our Lord~+

"For if men use the greenwood like this, what will happen when it is dry?"

Luke 23:31

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting mikiemom:

Because you are a homophob and a bigot if you think your opinion of homosexuality applies to anyone but yourself. You are welcome to do all of these things. you are not welcome to make everyone else listen to you while you do it. Why does this not make sense to you?

Homophobe is a trashy term used to insult Christians who embrace the moral teachings of Jesus. I do not support adultery. Mikiemom, according to your reasoning I'm an adulterphobe since I'm against adultery. Am I a polygamyphobe since I do not support multiple marriage partners? Why do you care if a person voices their opinions concerning homosexuality? If you were confident in your personal beliefs you would not feel threatened or intolerant of differing viewpoints~

Quoting yourspecialkid:

LOL!  Okey dokey.  If this is the case please tell me why these liberals insist on calling me a bigot and a homophobe just because I believe homosexuality is a sin?  Why do these same liberals not get as wound up because I also believe adultery is a sin?  Why the excitement if I thank God in a speech....or pray for the safety of the players before a ball game..........neither of these things are "converters."

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM

whose woodwork? 

Quoting KamWorthy:

And their that woodwork goes, yielding every weevle, termite, and worm it can birth! LOL!

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting mikiemom:

Because you are a homophob and a bigot if you think your opinion of homosexuality applies to anyone but yourself. You are welcome to do all of these things. you are not welcome to make everyone else listen to you while you do it. Why does this not make sense to you?

Quoting yourspecialkid:

LOL!  Okey dokey.  If this is the case please tell me why these liberals insist on calling me a bigot and a homophobe just because I believe homosexuality is a sin?  Why do these same liberals not get as wound up because I also believe adultery is a sin?  Why the excitement if I thank God in a speech....or pray for the safety of the players before a ball game..........neither of these things are "converters."

Please point out where I have EVER said my own beliefs apply to everyone.  I have been called a homophobe and bigot numerous times in this very group.  If you do not like the answers I provide regarding my beliefs and how they relate to a post....you are free to ignore my replies.  But, I have never even implied my beliefs should be shared by everyone.

If your own beliefs don't apply to everyone, why would you need or want legislation up for a vote?

copasetic1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

So, when liberals fight for human rights, they are actually fighting for subjugation and oppression? Let me see if I get your oxymoronic thinking...mmm, I want people of all religions and no religion to have the same rights as the christian majority. I don't want any religion shoved down my throat. I feel that if one group can force their religion on me, any group can, and that this would open the door to all kinds of abuses. For example, each of our original colonies had an official religion, always one or another denomintation of protestant. If you were the "wrong" religion, you could be jailed, run out of the colony and all your possessions taken, tarred and feather, lynched, hanged, etc. And the danger extended to your entire family. This was especially true of Quakers, who were often jailed and murdered because they were non-violent, pacifists. And all that danger was between denominations with few differences. They were doing the same exact thing the settlers left England for. The founding fathers did not want that to happen. It would be far worse today since it is more than different protestant religions vying for power. For many generations, protestants ran things, and the protestant majority was fine with it. It didn't matter what anyone else thought, others were to keep their beliefs and practices to themselves. If they didn't like it, so what? They had to keep that to themselves too. Well, it is clear that YOU would not like it if muslims or jews or buddhists were suddenly the majority, and you were a tiny minority. Would you pledge allegiance under allah? Would you like sitting through the music and prayers of another religion all the time? Would you like to live in a country where the huge majority thought your religion was totally wrong, and that theirs was the only reality? Honey, giving other people rights does not take away from your rights. It does not subjugate or oppress anyone. For the first time, people are openly protesting one religion being forced down their throats, and it's about time.

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM
LMBO! There are soooooo many things being forced down every ones throats daily! Deal! Don't want to be apart of organized religion, simple, don't!
Quoting copasetic1:

So, when liberals fight for human rights, they are actually fighting for subjugation and oppression? Let me see if I get your oxymoronic thinking...mmm, I want people of all religions and no religion to have the same rights as the christian majority. I don't want any religion shoved down my throat. I feel that if one group can force their religion on me, any group can, and that this would open the door to all kinds of abuses. For example, each of our original colonies had an official religion, always one or another denomintation of protestant. If you were the "wrong" religion, you could be jailed, run out of the colony and all your possessions taken, tarred and feather, lynched, hanged, etc. And the danger extended to your entire family. This was especially true of Quakers, who were often jailed and murdered because they were non-violent, pacifists. And all that danger was between denominations with few differences. They were doing the same exact thing the settlers left England for. The founding fathers did not want that to happen. It would be far worse today since it is more than different protestant religions vying for power. For many generations, protestants ran things, and the protestant majority was fine with it. It didn't matter what anyone else thought, others were to keep their beliefs and practices to themselves. If they didn't like it, so what? They had to keep that to themselves too. Well, it is clear that YOU would not like it if muslims or jews or buddhists were suddenly the majority, and you were a tiny minority. Would you pledge allegiance under allah? Would you like sitting through the music and prayers of another religion all the time? Would you like to live in a country where the huge majority thought your religion was totally wrong, and that theirs was the only reality? Honey, giving other people rights does not take away from your rights. It does not subjugate or oppress anyone. For the first time, people are openly protesting one religion being forced down their throats, and it's about time.

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM
. It was a metaphor.
Quoting autodidact:

whose woodwork? 

Quoting KamWorthy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN