Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

It's liberals that fight for Christian freedoms.

Posted by   + Show Post
It's those of us that believe in freedom of choice that are actually holding up religious freedoms. I feel the right wing groups would self implode with out those that believe in their right to be wrong.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Replies (431-440):
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:08 PM

who are "they" ? 

Quoting KamWorthy:

. It was a metaphor.
Quoting autodidact:

whose woodwork? 

Quoting KamWorthy:

And their that woodwork goes, yielding every weevle, termite, and worm it can birth! LOL!

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Does your statement to corporate welfare, too?

Quoting kailu1835:

If the government encouraged more responsibility and didn't back student loans, schools wouldn't be charging as much as they currently are, and costs would be substantially lower. The government encourages people to take out expensive student loans, and assures them that if they can't pay, the government will pay for them. Dependence instead of personal responsibility.

Quoting Healthystart30:

Quoting kailu1835:

As a liberal I believe in good schools for every child, fairly priced schools for adults, quality daycare, healthcare for everyone and fair wages, I don't see how that encourages dependence on the government. Many young couples are swimming in debt do to insane pricing for school and healthcare. We have one of the highest crime rate, and poverty amongst children in the western world!

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM

We're not talking about food or eating.  Which states are the "fattest"?

Quoting kailu1835:

Liberal - excess.
Conservative - moderation.

It has nothing to do with equal rights and status quos. It means not running amok and spending every penny we don't have for things that encourage dependence and subjugation of the masses. It is protection for all while maintaining personal responsibility.

Quoting stacymomof2:

No, it's not just me.  

lib·er·al  (lbr-l, lbrl)

adj.
a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
c. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.
d. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.
a. Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.
b. Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes.
3. Not strict or literal; loose or approximate: a liberal translation.
4. Of, relating to, or based on the traditional arts and sciences of a college or university curriculum: a liberal education.
a. Archaic Permissible or appropriate for a person of free birth; befitting a lady or gentleman.
b. Obsolete Morally unrestrained; licentious.

n.
1. A person with liberal ideas or opinions.
2. Liberal A member of a Liberal political party.

con·ser·va·tive  (kn-sûrv-tv)
adj.
1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.
a. Of or relating to the political philosophy of conservatism.
b. Belonging to a conservative party, group, or movement.
5. Conservative Of or belonging to the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
6. Conservative Of or adhering to Conservative Judaism.
7. Tending to conserve; preservative: the conservative use of natural resources.
n.
1. One favoring traditional views and values.
2. A supporter of political conservatism.
3. Conservative A member or supporter of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
4. Archaic A preservative agent or principle.

No matter how you want to change things, conservative means maintain the status quo.  Liberal means change.
Maybe you want to tell me what your support is for your assertion that big social changes come from "conservatives."
Quoting jcribb16:

No, that's your interpretation of the word, according to your opinion. Where are the facts to back what you are saying it means?

Quoting stacymomof2:

Its the definition of the word...

Quoting jcribb16:

I disagree.  Where are the events that have shown this?  Where are statistics backing this?  A few may look at it that way, but not the majority of Conservatives.

Quoting stacymomof2:

It has NEVER been conservatives who stand for freedom. Talk about rewriting history. People who strive for change are not conservative. They are liberal or progressive. Those are the definitions of the words.

Quoting kailu1835:

Welfare is a form of subjugation, just for one example. Liberals are very good at being sneaky... Appearances are deceiving though. It was actually conservatives that have always historically stood for freedoms.

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting kailu1835:

That is hogwash. Liberals are very much on the side of subjugation and oppression. I can see it despite the fancy footwork to try and cover it up/get away with it and I'm not the only one.

What? Where do you get that idea? That's the opposite of what liberals stand for.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Absolutely.

Quoting Della529:

Does your statement to corporate welfare, too?

Quoting kailu1835:

If the government encouraged more responsibility and didn't back student loans, schools wouldn't be charging as much as they currently are, and costs would be substantially lower. The government encourages people to take out expensive student loans, and assures them that if they can't pay, the government will pay for them. Dependence instead of personal responsibility.

Quoting Healthystart30:

Quoting kailu1835:

As a liberal I believe in good schools for every child, fairly priced schools for adults, quality daycare, healthcare for everyone and fair wages, I don't see how that encourages dependence on the government. Many young couples are swimming in debt do to insane pricing for school and healthcare. We have one of the highest crime rate, and poverty amongst children in the western world!

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Really?  Support your claim.

Conservatives have no 'terms and conditions'?

Quoting Farmlady09:

Really lol? Why is it that the five most 'liberal' states are the most oppressive when it comes to personal freedoms and rights?

Sorry, but the only time liberals are willing to believe in the rights of others, or champion them using those rights, are when they do so according to the liberals' terms and conditions. That isn't freedom, it's a ball and chain.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Huh?

Quoting Della529:

We're not talking about food or eating.  Which states are the "fattest"?

Quoting kailu1835:

Liberal - excess.
Conservative - moderation.

It has nothing to do with equal rights and status quos. It means not running amok and spending every penny we don't have for things that encourage dependence and subjugation of the masses. It is protection for all while maintaining personal responsibility.

Quoting stacymomof2:

No, it's not just me.  

lib·er·al  (lbr-l, lbrl)

adj.
a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

c. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.

d. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

a. Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.

b. Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes.

3. Not strict or literal; loose or approximate: a liberal translation.

4. Of, relating to, or based on the traditional arts and sciences of a college or university curriculum: a liberal education.

a. Archaic Permissible or appropriate for a person of free birth; befitting a lady or gentleman.

b. Obsolete Morally unrestrained; licentious.

n.
1. A person with liberal ideas or opinions.

2. Liberal A member of a Liberal political party.

con·ser·va·tive  (kn-sûrv-tv)
adj.
1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.

2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.

3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.

a. Of or relating to the political philosophy of conservatism.

b. Belonging to a conservative party, group, or movement.

5. Conservative Of or belonging to the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.

6. Conservative Of or adhering to Conservative Judaism.

7. Tending to conserve; preservative: the conservative use of natural resources.

n.
1. One favoring traditional views and values.

2. A supporter of political conservatism.

3. Conservative A member or supporter of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.

4. Archaic A preservative agent or principle.

No matter how you want to change things, conservative means maintain the status quo.  Liberal means change.

Maybe you want to tell me what your support is for your assertion that big social changes come from "conservatives."

Quoting jcribb16:

No, that's your interpretation of the word, according to your opinion. Where are the facts to back what you are saying it means?

Quoting stacymomof2:

Its the definition of the word...

Quoting jcribb16:

I disagree.  Where are the events that have shown this?  Where are statistics backing this?  A few may look at it that way, but not the majority of Conservatives.

Quoting stacymomof2:

It has NEVER been conservatives who stand for freedom. Talk about rewriting history. People who strive for change are not conservative. They are liberal or progressive. Those are the definitions of the words.

Quoting kailu1835:

Welfare is a form of subjugation, just for one example. Liberals are very good at being sneaky... Appearances are deceiving though. It was actually conservatives that have always historically stood for freedoms.

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting kailu1835:

That is hogwash. Liberals are very much on the side of subjugation and oppression. I can see it despite the fancy footwork to try and cover it up/get away with it and I'm not the only one.

What? Where do you get that idea? That's the opposite of what liberals stand for.

Della529
by Matlock on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting lokilover:

Quoting Farmlady09:

http://freedominthe50states.org/ 

Quoting lokilover:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Really lol? Why is it that the five most 'liberal' states are the most oppressive when it comes to personal freedoms and rights?

Sorry, but the only time liberals are willing to believe in the rights of others, or champion them using those rights, are when they do so according to the liberals' terms and conditions. That isn't freedom, it's a ball and chain.

What are the five "most liberal" states and why are they "the most liberal"?

You didn't answer my question.

I gave you a link ~ even made sure it's clicky. California and New York are at the top of the list, and at the very bottom of the list as far as 'freedom'. As for why they are the most liberal ... um, I have no idea. I honestly don't understand most people who are 'very' liberal. Moderates I get ... but anything more than that, and it makes my head hurt trying to figure it out. Sorry.

Which city (or cities) in CA?  NY, or NY state?

I would guess you have your thoughts about why you think areas in those states are most liberal, true?

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM
"they"? When did I say 'they'? You mean "their"? Which actually should have been "there".
Quoting autodidact:

who are "they" ? 

Quoting KamWorthy:

. It was a metaphor.
Quoting autodidact:

whose woodwork? 

Quoting KamWorthy:

And their that woodwork goes, yielding every weevle, termite, and worm it can birth! LOL!

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Quoting jcribb16:

"Everyone" contradicts with only speaking to believers' rights to live based on what God means to them, and what His Word says to them. So, actually it sounds like you are really only directing this towards Christians.  Thanks.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting jcribb16:

You make excellent points - are they directed to everyone?  Or towards a particular side?  :)

Quoting FromAtoZ:

There are many things people do that I disagree with, on a personal level.  There are many things people do that I disagree with, on a religious level.

As long as those people are not harming others, they are free to live their lives as they see fit.  As long as those people are not trying to force me to go along with what they are doing, they are free to do as they please.

Playing God by trying to force any one to think, feel or do as I do, or would do under any given circumstances, is wrong.

I can wholeheartedly disagree with many things throughout my life.  When I make the attempt to force another to follow behind me that is when I have over stepped.

It is not that hard to live your life according to how you believe, feel or otherwise with the knowledge and understanding that not every one else is going to believe, feel or do the same.  Nor should I expect the majority to.

Every one.  

No laws should be made based on any biblical view or points.  It isn't  up to me to govern what another does according to what I may belief, in regards to religion.  It should not be up to any one to govern another based on any religious beliefs, regardless of the religion.

No, I am not.  Regardless of being Christian, Muslim, Jewish or otherwise, there should not be a single law based on those religions and the teachings thereof that is directed at every one.  

I am a Christian.   How I live my life is my decision.  How another Christian lives their life is their decision.  I do not have the right to expect any one else to live their life according to how I interpret the Bible, how I believe, what I may believe God wants from me.  I most certainly could never stand behind laws that dictate another's life based on religion.

We are all free to live our lives per our religion.  As it should be.  Laws without religion do not restrict those who believe nor does it force those who do not.

jcribb16
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I see better what you mean with this response you just gave.  I was looking at it kind of defensively I guess, when it wasn't written that way from you.  Thanks so much for re-clarifying!  Sometimes I feel like my brain is muddy...

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting jcribb16:

"Everyone" contradicts with only speaking to believers' rights to live based on what God means to them, and what His Word says to them. So, actually it sounds like you are really only directing this towards Christians.  Thanks.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting jcribb16:

You make excellent points - are they directed to everyone?  Or towards a particular side?  :)

Quoting FromAtoZ:

There are many things people do that I disagree with, on a personal level.  There are many things people do that I disagree with, on a religious level.

As long as those people are not harming others, they are free to live their lives as they see fit.  As long as those people are not trying to force me to go along with what they are doing, they are free to do as they please.

Playing God by trying to force any one to think, feel or do as I do, or would do under any given circumstances, is wrong.

I can wholeheartedly disagree with many things throughout my life.  When I make the attempt to force another to follow behind me that is when I have over stepped.

It is not that hard to live your life according to how you believe, feel or otherwise with the knowledge and understanding that not every one else is going to believe, feel or do the same.  Nor should I expect the majority to.

Every one.  

No laws should be made based on any biblical view or points.  It isn't  up to me to govern what another does according to what I may belief, in regards to religion.  It should not be up to any one to govern another based on any religious beliefs, regardless of the religion.

No, I am not.  Regardless of being Christian, Muslim, Jewish or otherwise, there should not be a single law based on those religions and the teachings thereof that is directed at every one.  

I am a Christian.   How I live my life is my decision.  How another Christian lives their life is their decision.  I do not have the right to expect any one else to live their life according to how I interpret the Bible, how I believe, what I may believe God wants from me.  I most certainly could never stand behind laws that dictate another's life based on religion.

We are all free to live our lives per our religion.  As it should be.  Laws without religion do not restrict those who believe nor does it force those who do not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN